New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How would you know kung sira yung :

A/T Temp Sensor ?

A/T Oil Cooler?

A/T itself over heating?

Happened to me on the way to Sagada after 8 hours continous drive. A/T lamp went on at the uphill part of Banawe (actually puro uphill na yon). Stopped for 20mins. then light was off again.

On the way home A/T lamp kept coming on and off. We had a 2 hour lunch and when i started the engine, the lamp was still on. Di ba dapat lumamig na yon? If sensor is broken, where can this be bought?

I had the A/T oil changed last June 2003 (Mobil Dextron II) but i did not have the filter cleaned (di marunong yung shop eh). Should i change again ? Whats a good shop? (Besides CASA!);)

If the A/T is overheating , what could be the cause? Oil Cooler? or Clutch Disc needs replacement? (Pero di pa ko sliding clutch eh)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driving too long on D1 or low gear can cause this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ALFRED: Was on Drive lang..di naman masyado yung incline....on the other hand puwede din nasa D1 sya dahil A/T, if you step to hard on the pedal. Pero di ko naman binirit...easy easy lang...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede naman ibaba ang sensor itself to check its functionality. The dealer should know where this is.

Pero check mo muna ang fluid mo. If the tranny had indeed overheated, malamang amoy sunog at iba na ang hitsura ng fluid mo ngayon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP: Yup i did check the fluid...ok naman di amoy sunog (wala nga amoy eh). Di ko ma pa check sa Dealer (Subic PAJ) , ayaw nila.

Anyway thanks sa mga reply...mag set ako sched kay J.Atutubo this week to check the sensor. Padaanan daw nang mainit at malamig na tubig to check if sensor still works.

Pero pag sa manila driving di naman lumalabas problema. Weird...

A/T Temp Problem - 4D56 Diesel Engine