New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I want to rant about my 2014 Altis. It only has 41k kms, rarely used and yet I am having problems. It's the first batch of Gen 11 kasi, got it on the first month it was released kaya feeling ko dami pang bugs

I was driving it today when suddenly I felt the car shaking while on stop (drive and pressing on the brake) Idling went down to 800. I thought it was just a glitch but it went on until I got home (more or less 5 kms). It felt like I was driving on rumble strips and the engine had a hard time going up to 2000 rpm at 60/80 kph. The car was really shaking even on neutral. Good thing I made it home

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I want to rant about my 2014 Altis. It only has 41k kms, rarely used and yet I am having problems. It's the first batch of Gen 11 kasi, got it on the first month it was released kaya feeling ko dami pang bugs

I was driving it today when suddenly I felt the car shaking while on stop (drive and pressing on the brake) Idling went down to 800. I thought it was just a glitch but it went on until I got home (more or less 5 kms). It felt like I was driving on rumble strips and the engine had a hard time going up to 2000 rpm at 60/80 kph. The car was really shaking even on neutral. Good thing I made it home
    my wild guess,
    at least one of your cylinders is dead.
    it could be a simple matter of hi tension wire,
    or it could be something worse.
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    my guess

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019

is it "dieseling"? ganyan din nangyayari sa revo gas ko sometimes after just a short drive. engine off then after few minutes i started the engine again it starts to run very rough or "dieseling".

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Fuel pump / fuel filter ... or throttle body needs cleaning, carbon deposits ... it's highly unlikely the cylinder head ...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    is it "dieseling"? ganyan din nangyayari sa revo gas ko sometimes after just a short drive. engine off then after few minutes i started the engine again it starts to run very rough or "dieseling".
    Yes but it's not just when I start the engine. It happened all throughout my drive. Hirap umakyat ng RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Fuel pump / fuel filter ... or throttle body needs cleaning, carbon deposits ... it's highly unlikely the cylinder head ...
    I do hope it's nothing serious. It drove so well pa and it happened without any symptoms

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my wild guess,
    at least one of your cylinders is dead.
    it could be a simple matter of hi tension wire,
    or it could be something worse.
    good luck.
    yes i think 1 cylinder's spark plug isn't igniting

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    isa diyan di gumagana

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if the condition started without prior symptom and you did not refuel just before the symptoms, the most common cause is bad ignition coils. the coil-on-plug system has small ignition coils mounted adjacent to the hottest part of the engine, the cylinder head. they usually have a service expectancy of five years or around one hundred thousand miles whichever comes first. if you scan it, it will have a P0300 series DTC. if only one cylinder is causing the problem, the code usually tells e.g., P0302 meaning cylinder two is misfiring. to eliminate other possible causes, try switching the ignition coils after erasing the DTC. if the DTC transfers to another cylinder, your fuel system more than likely is not the problem rather the cylinder which the possibly defective ignition coil came from. this is a typical routine maintenance for not so new cars.

once the ignition coils are confirmed to be the cause, it is highly recommended you have all the ignition coils replaced. the other "good" coils get "jealous". they all ran the same cycles, same mileage, same conditions and installed the same day More than likely) during assembly. they are called might-as-well parts (MAW)
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; March 14th, 2023 at 09:54 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks everyone. Can anyone recommend a good repair shop (preferably Makati or Paranaque)?Casa will pick up my car daw, I hope they give an accurate diagnosis and charge reasonably. I already told them to check the ignition coil

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast