New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Work around namin ng mechanic (very nice person) ni speedyfix is to make the idle more aggressive (1k). Although 1 thousand petots/ 280+km per week gastos ko sa gas.
    holy crap.. 1000 petot = 42.5L sa old price ng shell velocity (23.5/L) -- pera tumaas na daw by 0.60. assuming yung 280+ km mo is 290 km, 290 km / 42.5L = 6.8 km/L yikes. maybe it's worth trying to fix the problem.

some other things i can think of: in addition to yung sinabi ni caloyski na clean the TB, try also cleaning the IAC valve, and the MAF.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    What is "cleaning the IAC valve, and the MAF"?

Wow I'm impressed with the computation for the milage. My fuel consumption is around 41/42+ liters!

Sad thing is I just changed sparkplugs (Bosch Ytrium) before I read this thread.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    tiny,
    sabi mo 1000 petot eh. 1000 petot / 23.5 petot per liter = 42.5 liters.

the IAC valve is the Idle Air Control valve. it's supposed to control the idle when the A/C, etc. goes on. when it gets dirty, this causes erratic idle.

the MAF is the Mass Airflow Sensor. it measures the amount of air na hinihigop ng engine. when this gets dirty, it causes weird acceleration problems. all of these cleaning, kaya gawin ng suking mazda mechanic (sa mga Ford casa...) or sa Kontact-Point sa Banawe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    isa pa pala mister tiny,

BOSCH IS NOT GOOD FOR MAZDA ENGINES

maraming thread about that sa probetalk forums (the ford probe GT is basically a mazda 626). for some reason, mazda's hate bosch plugs, the temperature is too different.

you should use, and only use, NGK or Nippondenso plugs. these are the OEM plugs for mazda.

sayang.. mahal pa naman yata yang bosch plugs mo! :P

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I'll ask the mechanic to take a look at those things (Mass Airflow Sensor and Idle Air Control electrical parts kaya to?)

Ytrium cost me about 85php per plug. Hindi naman sobrang expensive like the Iridium tech other sparkplugs use.

Regards,

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    MAF is electrical, it's on the air box. The IAC is a mechanical/electric component, it's near the throttle body, it's analogous to the "idle servo" on Mitsu cars.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    If the TPS- throttle positioning sensor- was reset then could also cause erratic idle. Have the mechanic check the setting or compare with another 323 engine's setting.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    More troubles for me. :dead:

Amoy sunog (burnt rubber) ang whatever and if the clutch is stepped on instant drop yung rpm to about 400 sabay nginig!

Waaahhhh... Taking it to a shop. Holy week pa naman.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ey tiny, log on to our board para merefer ka namin sa recommended shops...
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    tiny sounds like a clutch master problem. why not bring it to the shop if you're in the area

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Stalling Mazda 323 engine