New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I agree with most of what has been said. I'll chime in with my two cents on the matter.

We, as car owners, always have the final say on whom we entrust the maintenance of our vehicles to. I went to Speedyfix earlier this month, and asked them to sort out a strange noise I heard on the car that manifested above 60 km/h. They said something was wrong with my transmission. However, the transmission was freshly torn down and rebuilt by another garage I trust, a few months prior to my visit.

What did I do? I asked for a second opinion.

As it turned out, it was my aging, balding tires that were the culprit. Now, this diagnosis doesn't discredit Speedyfix in any way, as "weird noises" are one of the hardest things to diagnose properly. They gave their best guesstimate, but I chose not to act on their findings and sought other mechanics' educated opinions.

Before a wrench is turned or a nut is loosened, a garage's duty is to inform you of what they think needs to be done, and how much it will cost. In that regard, Speedyfix acted as expected. Whether or not the end user is willing to pay the cost for maintenance is really up to him/her.

Don't shoot the messenger, folks.
    Last edited by Type 100; October 26th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In most shops I've encountered, it's usually cheaper to buy your own parts and have them do the repairs. For Speedyfix, they're cheaper than the CASA when I've compared labor prices but of course they're not comparable to your backyard or tabi-tabi mechanic in terms of prices. We have work done there from time to time and it's always easy to get a price quote from them and you can decide to have the work done or take your business elsewhere. Wala naman tinatago and they're not like Rapide who'll tell you all sorts of nonexistent or exaggerated horrors that need to be fixed kuno.

What shops did you compare prices with after the work was done?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nope, hindi sila over charging. Tama lang IMO ang charge considering hindi sila basta bastang talyer lang. Been there several times at madalas kong paggawa sa kanila for my two Pajeros ay change oil lang naman. Tsaka sila doon, kahit hindi galing sa kanila ang piyesa, eh ok lang sa kanila. Labor lang ang charge. At tama ang sabi ng lahat dito, it's your call kung papaggawa mo ang sasakyan mo o hindi sa kanila once they give you their quotation on parts na possbile nilang galawin.

And oh, its not that we defend Speedyfix here because of their good reputation, but we're just stating na walang talagang mali talaga sa ginawa nila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And same ba yung parts nila vs sa mga cheaper parts you canvassed sa auto supply? Baka mas mura pero inferior quality replacements naman. It is normal for shops to put a mark up on prices on parts, its one way they earn. They are not a charity.

Ang masama eh yung shop na hindi naman sira pero sasabihin sira para ipagawa mo. You will RAPIDly lose money with those shops. Hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    verify and chek first before you complain.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Nakakatawa naman talaga eh. :hysterical:

Babanat ng....

Eh bakit hindi siya dun nagpagawa sa "most shops" ?
    its like complaing why coke zero is P65 on motels, P45 on restaurants, eh P20 lang naman yan sa 7-11 and P17 lang yan sa grocery. parepareho lang naman coke zero yan, i trusted that motels so much pa naman :D.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    its like complaing why coke zero is P65 on motels, P45 on restaurants, eh P20 lang naman yan sa 7-11 and P17 lang yan sa grocery. parepareho lang naman coke zero yan, i trusted that motels so much pa naman :D.
    Hahahaha!!! Exactly! Naalala ko tuloy nung bumili ko ng Coke doon sa Mariott. 150 per isang lata. Eh uhaw na ko, so I have no choice. Hotel yun eh, so expect mo na mas mahal ang price compared pag binili mo sa labas

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    meron nga kasabihan good techs are not expensive, they are priceless. speeddy got a good reputation sa auto repair

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    another christoper lao?
    oo nga naman bakit kasi walang nag informed kay TS
    Last edited by valskie01; October 27th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescalderon View Post
    I got an old sentra from an online selling site. then dinala ko sa speedyfix. they changed belts CV and stuffs. charged me around 15k.
    I have a few budget and I really trusted them so much, na iniwan ko nalang yung car then paid the receipt no questions asked.

To my surprise i found out that not only the parts are way overpriced labor also is too expensive.

here are some.

clutch cable 800 and labor 600. real price from auto supply is only 450 and labor is just easy most shops would charge 100 to 150 pesos.
    clean TB 1500.. nothing happens, idle is still sky high.
    CV joint 2500 and labor 1500, price from auto supply is 850 to 1200. most shop would charge at most 500 pesos.
    change oil mineral 2500 pesos while you can have same service for 1,300.

Kala ko ba reasonable price? ano reasonable doon? They just charged me double even triple on parts.
    Always ask first sir. Plus try to see how they do it for the first time para you can gauge if kaya mo na i-DIY. Yung addt'l cost sa parts normal yan kapag sila pa pinabili mo sa shop. Siyempre gagastos ng pamasahe, fuel eh. Again asking would have save you half the cost you just spent.

Search ka din muna sa net next time, information is very very valuable.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Speedy Fix. Super taga rin pala