New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Good day sirs... I just got my cars.. and this is my 1st time also im newbie in fourwheels.. i was just thinking about speeding up my car.
    maybe you can help me of what to do to speed it up? mga tips lng po and do i have to change anything? something like that.. it would help me a lot.. thanks for the help... ^_^

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    For starters, search for discussions and reads here about:
    Tuning up (oil/filter changes, spark plug replacements etc)
    Intake-Header-Exhaust (IHE) upgrades

Apart from that, the obvious steps will be:
    1. Weight reduction (driver and car alike) - does not add "speed up" figures to the engine but a lighter car (and driver) will go faster than when it is heavily stuffed with unnecessary items.
    2. Proper overall maintenance (especially engine and brakes)

A piece of advice before you want to "speed up":
    Make sure your brakes are in good shape. If in doubt, upgrade.

I had to learn that the hard and expensive way.
    Make sure you can brake faster than your car can accelerate.

More Tsikoteers here will help you up.
    Just be polite enough to ask and be willing to learn.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAyE View Post
    Good day sirs... I just got my cars.. and this is my 1st time also im newbie in fourwheels.. i was just thinking about speeding up my car.
    maybe you can help me of what to do to speed it up? mga tips lng po and do i have to change anything? something like that.. it would help me a lot.. thanks for the help... ^_^

First, what car do you have?

Next, if you want to go fast, start with the driver, not the car. You might want to get some racetrack time or some race driving instruction/training. This way you can get the most out of the car you have now.

Last, start modding the car but slowly and properly. Make sure you can stop the car as well as you can make it go quicker.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you can take your car to its limits right now, then that's the sign to upgrade your engine. If not, then it's a sign to upgrade your balls.

Where's the fun of modding your vehicle to go-fast when you don't have enough balls to take it to 200kph? Hehe.

I hope you get my point.

But yes, before you entertain high-speed driving make sure your brakes are trustworthy. Invest on good brakepads atleast. And have them checked by a mechanic to make sure.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAyE View Post
    why?

your cars are too slow for you?

you said "cars" right?

none of them fast enough for you?

and you said it's your first time using 4 wheels. so you came from 2 wheels?

you want your cars to accelerate like a motorcyle?
    Last edited by uls; January 21st, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks for the precaution sir's.. yes i came from a motorcycle ride.. for motorcycles i used to change my cylinder block, cam shaft, pipe, pulleys, pin and etc to have more power.. but i know it will be different when it comes to four wheels. i just want to have more horse power than it used to be. like for old model cars like i have. do i need to replace some parts to have more power?.. so i can go faster when i want to.. currently it take me to long to reach 150 kmph .. which i want to improve. so may i ask for help.? hehe thanks in advance

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you can take your car to its limits right now, then that's the sign to upgrade your engine. If not, then it's a sign to upgrade your balls.

I hope you get my point...
    Hehehe, lupit nito!

Awakening sa mga nagnanais mangarera sa public highway.

Most of the current & common model cars can go 200kph but seldom of us can use this in our everyday trips.

So, whats the use of speeding up our car?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    buy the fastest car you can afford

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Take performance driving lessons first and foremost if your goal is to be fast and safe. This is worth much more than any mod you can spend on. You probably have not discovered over 50% of your car's performance capability if you've just started driving and if you got a second hand car, you have to first get it onto tip top operating condition in terms of engine, suspension and brakes before going onto engine and suspension modifications.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I learned this the hard way many years ago... "power is nothing without control"; and i was just driving a stock car.

Once you've crossed out the basics, then you go onto the car itself. What car do you have? If you want something fast, then you have to start with something fast. If youre really serious, there's no need to spend time on the basic bolt ons. Take off the engine and put in something with much more gusto if you're piddling around with a econo car. Prepare your wallet. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Speeding up cars