New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what i've heard and read replacing your old worn out engine mounts to a new or aftermarket ones greatly increases torque and eliminates wheel hop and engine movement. Just wanna get your feedbacks, violent reactions and expert opinions.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    it does add a bit rougher idling though, since the mount is stiffer than usual, transmitting the engine idling movement through to the chassis instead of the engine mount soaking/damping the motion. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plus greater fatigue loading on the mounting points. think of it this way: if you remove the springs and shock absorbers from the suspension, how long do you think the suspension will last? that is the same situation as with the engine with solid mounts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it won't increase torque. wala syang play so all of the vibrations you feel through the body. if you don't race don't do it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    engines mount acts as buffers/shock absorber for your drivetrain. using solid mounts is just like extending the chassis mounts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK even real racers don't use solid mounts but rather engine mounts with stiffer rubber...yung lang low budget racers and gumagamit ng solid mounts....kasi mas mura gumawa nuon kaysa gumamit ng maganda as mas matigas na rubber mounts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys! Some of my buddy's kasi had some shop replaced there engine mounts with stiffer rubbers kagaya nang na mention ni wildthing. I think this is also the same as the engine mount inserts that i'm planning to buy. But i'm not into racing thats why i'm having second thoughts.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Wag nalang. magsisisi ka.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lalakas ang vibration sa loob ng car mo. there is a store along sumulong hightway going up antipolo nasa left side. they use used tire rubber. matibay daw ito but on the stiffer side siya..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, an easy way to stiffen up and minimize wheel hop is to insert rubber or polyurethane pieces in the open spaces in the stock mounts. There are polyurethame kits available for most cars from the US.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Solid Engine Mounts