Hi everyone. just a female newbie here and hope this forum will help me about my car problem.

i bought a 2nd hand mitsubishi galant 95 and unfortunately, i was fooled and engine went down after a month of buying it. it was really bad and i got no choice but to change the engine. i've decided to changed it from 6 cyl to 4 cyl as advised by some of my friends. anyway, to cut the story short, it run smoothly after the change of engine. radiator was also overhauled.

the problem is, i noticed one rainy night when i was driving, there is a smoke coming from the hood. i thought it was an overheat but when i check the temp, it was normal. when i arrived home, i opened the hood to check the radiator and remove the cap, but it seems like it's fine. i don't know where the smoke is coming from. it happened to me not just once, the hood is producing smoke on rainy days. i asked my mechanic in SHELL, and i was informed that it just normal because the hood is producing heat and smoke is due to rain. is it really normal? or i am just being paranoid. got traumatized before when i experienced overheat with my old engine.

thanks.
cheng