New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi! I would like to seek your professional opinion guys regarding those oils? Which do you think is better in terms of Engine Parts protection? By the way I'm changing engine oil every year regardless of the KMs I run when using FS Oil(AVG. 7,500KMS/Yearly) Both oils po kase almost on the same price tag kaya I'm choosing between the two.Or if you can suggest any other good oil to use? Plus which engine flush I should use? Ngayon kase na overdue na ako sa oil change hehe - Motul Clean Engine or Liqui Moly Flush? Some folks says Motul is more okay since it is oil based engine flush? Thanks!

Car: 2011 Nissan Grand Livina (34,XXX KMs)

Sent from my SHT22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I prefer shell ultra. The hps should also work.

Both flushes are petroleum distillates - kerosene. Both gentle imo. Just follow correct amount to be used. Dont exceed idling time.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dont use engine flush as it does not lubricate the engine parts while idling. I go to GY servitek to change oil in my mitsu and they use compressed air to flush the remaining small amount of used oil.

Sent from my MyPhone MY36 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Goma123 View Post
    Dont use engine flush as it does not lubricate the engine parts while idling. I go to GY servitek to change oil in my mitsu and they use compressed air to flush the remaining small amount of used oil.

Sent from my MyPhone 0MY36 using Tapatalk
    The old oil is the carrier and still lubricates. The flush is just added detergents. Basically it just boosts the detergents in the existing oil.

So do you really think motul and liqui moly did not try their products before selling worldwide?
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 14th, 2016 at 09:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010

do they have water/moisture trap with the air compressor? be cautious that there's water moisture with compressed air.
    you'll be fine just letting it drip alone.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Goodyear servitek i believe use the correct equipment. An ordinary talyer will not, though. Think thoroughly - adding kerosene to the used oil is not good since it will dilute it to less than the recommended minimum viscosity grade of SAE 30, maybe turning into SAE 5. Malabnaw na masyado. Kerosine has no lubricating properties at all, may impuritiees pa yan pag natuyo sa mainit ng parte ng ICE.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Goodyear servitek i believe use the correct equipment. An ordinary talyer will not, though.
    that's good to know then.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Isn't engine flush one of those things na hindi mo naman talaga ma po prove kung may effect ba or wala. Parang its there lang to make you feel better or something. Or placebo. Proven ba talaga ito?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Goodyear servitek i believe use the correct equipment. An ordinary talyer will not, though. Think thoroughly - adding kerosene to the used oil is not good since it will dilute it to less than the recommended minimum viscosity grade of SAE 30, maybe turning into SAE 5. Malabnaw na masyado. Kerosine has no lubricating properties at all, may impuritiees pa yan pag natuyo sa mainit ng parte ng ICE.

Youre not running on pure flush. 300ml on top of the existing oil.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Isn't engine flush one of those things na hindi mo naman talaga ma po prove kung may effect ba or wala. Parang its there lang to make you feel better or something. Or placebo. Proven ba talaga ito?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    For well maintained vehicles it does little. But for cars that change oil "yearly" it will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast