New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi,

I have rebuilt my carb and I am currently tweaking it for appropriate fuel consumption. Although the car runs smoothly, I still want to get actual data for my A/F mixture. Tanong ko lang po is saan merong ganitong services? Sa gasolinahan wala, sa casa wala. Sa emission testing centers naman hindi nila covered ang A/F mixture.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ndi pa ako nakarinig ng ganyang service sa carb.

nway, search mo yung post ni wildthing about DIY carb adjustment ng a/f mixture.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mahirap yata talaga sa carb the most you can do is learn to read the plugs...im guessing you already know that

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbandits View Post
    mahirap yata talaga sa carb the most you can do is learn to read the plugs...im guessing you already know that
    yup, i guess i'll have to settle for that move.

in any case, follow question narin, how would you know if you have the right quantity of a/f mixture in the cylinder (not the ratio, but the actual amount of mixture being burned)?

kung baga, how would i know if the cylinders are receiving the right amount of mixture volume?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pa-exhaust gas analyzer mo kaya, search the web na lang for more info. Dati ang sabi nila basta walang 'offensive kind of usok' at medyo nagtutubig yung exhaust ay ok yung timplada ng A/F mix. Saka dapat walang sabit ang takbo at tunog ng makina kahit low or high RPM ka.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    in any case, follow question narin, how would you know if you have the right quantity of a/f mixture in the cylinder (not the ratio, but the actual amount of mixture being burned)?
    you dont have to worry about this. the cylinder will receive the same volume of air/fuel mixture on every intake stage of combustion process. the variable factor would be the density (and of course mass) of the mixture since density of air varies accdg to the temperature.

if the air passage is restricted, the engine will just stall. try removing the air cleaner and block the carb with ur hand.

Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Pa-exhaust gas analyzer mo kaya, search the web na lang for more info. Dati ang sabi nila basta walang 'offensive kind of usok' at medyo nagtutubig yung exhaust ay ok yung timplada ng A/F mix. Saka dapat walang sabit ang takbo at tunog ng makina kahit low or high RPM ka.
    ok din yan exhaust gas analyzer kung meron sa mga shops. baka sa emission testing center pwede. or amuying mo na lang yung usok ng kotse hehehe

san merong nagmemesure ng a/f mixture ng carb