New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tulong naman po.. nag kaproblem ako sa aking makina 4d56t. kailangan daw pong ioverhaul. may nag sabe po sakin na may makukuhang recon engine sa el dorado shop. gawa daw po nila yon at nakakasigurado na mga orig na piyesa ang ginamit.

Ok lang po ba ang eldorado products like recon engine? need help lang po talaga. thanks....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Arch,

Ano daw ang may mga tama sa engine mo? Cylinder liner? Pistons and pin bushing? Main, conrad bearing? Valves, guides and seats?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what type of work has to be done. If its something like changing the piston rings and gaskets then maybe it's better to just work on the existing engine. However if you have a cracked block or something serious then another engine may be something worthwhile to look at. You can also recondition your own engine. I did that before and i just sourced the parts myself.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Salamat mga kasama, Blowby daw ang makina, dinala ko na sa mekaniko. piston ring lang daw ang may tama, masyado malake ang clearance no need na raw palitan ng liner. kaya valve, piston ring, con bearing, saka timing belt lang ang pinalitan ko......sabe nya tatagal panaman daw yun..

sa tingin nyo ok lang ba service na gagawin nya? para daw makatipid ko don....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The best bro!
    Nakamura ka na segurado ka pa.
    Now patience naman ang kailangan mo sa break-in. Very critical period.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's just the rings then go for overhaul, change as well some of the gaskets and other stuff (t-belt, tensioners, etc) you may find needing attention while the engine is apart. Go for original parts with the piston rings.

recondition engine?