New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    im currently inclined to shell helix diesel in my next oil change,my ride is ford everest and may nagsabi taga ford na if you use shell oils extend nila engine warranty to 3 years. Why is that so? are shell diesel oils significantly better than other brands? Im currently using fully synthetic mobil1 0w-40 pero napansin ko wala naman improvements on fuel consumption and acceleration compared to mineral multigrade oils, (parang mas lumakas pa nga laklak ng diesel). So im thinking of switching back to mineral oils and im considering the shell helix diesel. Ano ba viscosity and ratings nito?The manual recommends 5w-30 or 10w-30.ang shell rimula ba hindi multigrade? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    im currently inclined to shell helix diesel in my next oil change,my ride is ford everest and may nagsabi taga ford na if you use shell oils extend nila engine warranty to 3 years. Why is that so? are shell diesel oils significantly better than other brands? Im currently using fully synthetic mobil1 0w-40 pero napansin ko wala naman improvements on fuel consumption and acceleration compared to mineral multigrade oils, (parang mas lumakas pa nga laklak ng diesel). So im thinking of switching back to mineral oils and im considering the shell helix diesel. Ano ba viscosity and ratings nito?The manual recommends 5w-30 or 10w-30.ang shell rimula ba hindi multigrade? thanks in advance

there are several rimula oil. these are the types.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...a_ga_2006.html

3. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    here's one that takes you straight to shell's info on helix:

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...uper_0927.html
    Last edited by cj; October 20th, 2006 at 02:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Read through the links and got interested. How do I (we) decide between using RimulaX or Shell Helix Super Diesel. From the expanation from Helix, it is like more of a cleansing or flushing (?) type of oil (tama ba)?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Shell Helix Diesel is design for Family wagon AUV and SUV it reduces engine vibration and it cleans the engine while you are driving.

Shell Rimula is Design for Heavy duty jobs, meaning it is formulated for Heavy equipment and Trucks.

The big difference between the two is that Rimula is not design for high speed work. When you are on High Speed Rimula fails to protect your engine. Helix can quickly lubricate your engine when starting your engine. This is important cos metal to metal contact happens when you start your engine specailly in the morning.

May i suggest that use Helix Diesel instead of Rimula it's a bit higher at cost but it is nothing comparing to what protection it can gives to your engine.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oh dear. if that is the case i wonder why the mitsu casa used rimula x on my adventure. akala ko all the while pwede itong rimula x sa AUV since sila ang naglagay (hindi ko naman ni-request ito nung nagpachange oil ako, sabi ko lang mineral ang gamitin... basta yun ang ginamit nila).

i'm inclined now to use shell helix diesel super sa next oil change like sir bratski. meanwhile, wala kayang adverse effect ang paggamit nung rimula x until my next change?
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 20th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rimula din naman ang gamit ko.

Guys,
    Just make sure na within specs ang oil na gamit ninyo sa rigs ninyo. Using the most expensive oil does not mean that you are treating your engines good. There are engines that does not recommend fully synthetic oils and vice versa. As long as within specs ang gamit ninyo lubes. Ok lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    oo nga, I was intrigued when the ford service advisor said that extended ang engine warranty for 3 years if i use shell diesel oils instead of other brands, yun ang gamit ko dati sa ranger ko and ok naman kaso this time I tried the mobil1 fully synthetic sa everest ko.Any adverse effects pag bumalik ako sa helix diesel?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    oo nga, I was intrigued when the ford service advisor said that extended ang engine warranty for 3 years if i use shell diesel oils instead of other brands, yun ang gamit ko dati sa ranger ko and ok naman kaso this time I tried the mobil1 fully synthetic sa everest ko.Any adverse effects pag bumalik ako sa helix diesel? an kaya meron ang shell diesel oils versus other brands kaya ford was willing to extend the engine warranty?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Rimula din naman ang gamit ko.

Guys,
    Just make sure na within specs ang oil na gamit ninyo sa rigs ninyo. Using the most expensive oil does not mean that you are treating your engines good. There are engines that does not recommend fully synthetic oils and vice versa. As long as within specs ang gamit ninyo lubes. Ok lang.
    Tama si Djerms mga peeps you have to be careful, you should stay within the specified engine oil.

NOTE: Some Handbook may specify a particular viscosity grade for warranty purposes. (This is printed at the back of the container of Shell engine oils)

Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    oo nga, I was intrigued when the ford service advisor said that extended ang engine warranty for 3 years if i use shell diesel oils instead of other brands, yun ang gamit ko dati sa ranger ko and ok naman kaso this time I tried the mobil1 fully synthetic sa everest ko.Any adverse effects pag bumalik ako sa helix diesel?
    AFAIK Wala naman masamang ipekto sa engine mo kung babalik ka sa Helix Diesel makakamura ka pa nga.Kaya nga im suggesting Shell Helix Diesel Super.
    P732/ Gal. and P183/Lt. (baka mas mahal sa casa)Mura ito compare to Mobil1.

Shell Helix Diesel Super 15W-40

Best engine oil for AUV's, Family Van's and Suv's
    Excellent Viscosity for lower engine noise
    Cleans engine sludge and carbons for a smoothing drive
    Better protection for turbocharged diesel
    Easier cold engine cranking and starting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Question on shell oils