New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    has never been driven less than 50 kilometers a trip (frequent short trips are bad, as cold running wears down an engine... and more short trips equals more cold starting)
    50? di ba 5.0 Km?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Do you guys really think na we also have this "cold starting" phenomena. Maybe in baguio, but in most places in the PI, temperature only drops down to maybe 23 or 24.

Before I go OT here..it would be hard to determine if a pre-owned car has been through a lot of short trips where the engine has'nt really warmed up yet. Knowing the owner helps (check the distance from his residence and work place might help).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mileage (high/low) is not a big deal sa mga 2nd hand vehicle. gaya nga ng sabi nila nadudugas na odo ngayon keanalog or digital pa yan...makina na lang makapagsabi kung okay pa ito.
    magsama ka na lang trusted mechanic para tumingin sa sasakyan. konting silip at konting katok lang katapat nyan.
    goodluck bro.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, buying a used car has always been a game of chance. Niky is right, there is no perfect engine and yes the first overhaul can come in the hundred thousands like in most Mercedes Benzes.

Even if I tagged along with me the best mechanic I know and gives me the thumbs-up to buy the car, there will always be at the back of my mind some doubt because we will never know the real state it is in until we actually get to drive it on a daily basis.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have the car checked by a mechanic before you buy it so you get a gauge on what you need to spend on. if the seller is decent naman he will be ok with the checkup since wala sya itinatago sayo.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Another thing.

Most of the people I know prefer to buy from Doctors because most of them have more than 1 or 2 cars in their stable. Pero di ba meron din mga doktor na poor mag maintain ng car?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by grantt View Post
    mileage (high/low) is not a big deal sa mga 2nd hand vehicle. gaya nga ng sabi nila nadudugas na odo ngayon keanalog or digital pa yan...makina na lang makapagsabi kung okay pa ito.
    Yep I agree. Ive seen an ad from another local auto website. the poster claims he can adjust the odometer; digital or analog. nakakatakot. so getting a low-mileage car is still not a guarantee of trouble free driving.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    one of the ads of toyota is about reliablity.on the ads, some of the corollas has 300K, 250k on their gauge but still on good condition.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga bossing,

ask ako pala, how do you determine i the odometer has been tampered? Be it analog or digital. thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    50? di ba 5.0 Km?
    Hehehe... sigurista ako kasi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Question re: Mileage and Engine