New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Recently I heard a Toyota staff said that diesel engine should be turned on and let it run for 30 minutes before the first driving every day.

Is this correct?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    Recently I heard a Toyota staff said that diesel engine should be turned on and let it run for 30 minutes before the first driving every day.

Is this correct?

Wrong myth again.
    With today's global warming caused by increased carbon dioxide emissions, it is most advisable not to run your engines unnecessarily both to save fuel, reduce emissions and reduce global warming.
    The engine warms up as you drive hastened by the thermostat and controlled radiator fan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Wrong myth again.
    With today's global warming caused by increased carbon dioxide emissions, it is most advisable not to run your engines unnecessarily both to save fuel, reduce emissions and reduce global warming.
    The engine warms up as you drive hastened by the thermostat and controlled radiator fan.
    3 years ago I bought an Innova, nobody in Toyota told this, recently, my brother in law went to Toyota to collect his new Hilux Conquest, he was informed of this, I doubt if this is the information provided by Toyota or it is the staff’s own understanding like people might tell you various theories about charging and using cell phone battery.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Is this correct?
    "BWAHAHAHA...!!"
    errr... is this a joke?

i drive out a few seconds after my diesel engine starts.
    i have been doing it for over 10 years. the vehicle is still fine.

even 30 seconds seems tooo long a wait...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    3 years ago I bought an Innova, nobody in Toyota told this, recently, my brother in law went to Toyota to collect his new Hilux Conquest, he was informed of this, I doubt if this is the information provided by Toyota or it is the staff’s own understanding like people might tell you various theories about charging and using cell phone battery.

Misinformed, improperly trained or rogue service advisors who are not educated about the product which, unfortunately hired without regard to education and experience.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I don't believe anybody would actually say to warm up an engine for 30 minutes. That's such a total waste of time, resources.... and seems like giving a heartfelt finger-salute to the environment.

It's likely he meant 30 seconds, which is reasonable and typically within the time range for anyone preparing to drive off.... Start the engine, put your drink in the holder, stow your things/bag/purse, check the mirrors, check the instrument panel for warnings / fuel level, and then finally buckle up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Old school pa yan. Imagine the amount of fuel you just wasted idling for 30 minutes.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Old school pa yan. Imagine the amount of fuel you just wasted idling for 30 minutes.

i'm old school.
    even back then, we were not that faint of mind.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I know someone who is doing this. I tried to observe him to know exactly how many minutes he is doing it but I got impatient so I left him. I might as well ask him next time.

I observed that some models, right after starting from cold condition, will have their RPM reach 2000 for 30 seconds or so then return to normal idle RPM. I think it is safe to say that this is already equivalent to warming up the engine.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post

Kahit old school wala nyan. Baka bus driver yun dati at 30 mins waiting time sa pasahero. Waste of diesel and time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast