New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Hi guys, I seem to have a problem with the fuel gauge of my 2010 Toyota Altis 1.6G AT. When i load gas at night, the gauge is at Full but then the next morning, I start the car and the gauge is now at the 3/4 mark. There is no fuel puddle under the car and no smell of gas inside or outside the car. My car is also parked in a secure place and the car runs smoothly naman. What could be the cause of this problem? Defective gauge or something else?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff14 View Post
    Hi guys, I seem to have a problem with the fuel gauge of my 2010 Toyota Altis 1.6G AT. When i load gas at night, the gauge is at Full but then the next morning, I start the car and the gauge is now at the 3/4 mark. There is no fuel puddle under the car and no smell of gas inside or outside the car. My car is also parked in a secure place and the car runs smoothly naman. What could be the cause of this problem? Defective gauge or something else?
    Thanks in advance!
    sa users manual naka indicate dun kung kailan ang palitan ng fuel pump/filter assembly niyan, na abot mo na ba yong milage na yon?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Hmm, malayo pa ako sa mileage na kailangan palitan ang fuel pump. Parang defective yung gauge kasi sa halfway mark, matagal bago bumaba yung gauge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hmm, malayo pa ako sa mileage na kailangan palitan ang fuel pump. Parang defective yung gauge kasi sa halfway mark, matagal bago bumaba yung gauge.

its milage or number of months which ever comes first, if months seems like malapit ka na, remember the thing is submerge in a corrosive chemical substance...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    ganyan din problem ko sa VTI ko, any idea sir kung mag kano pagawa nan? floater ba tawag dun?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Teka, ano kinalaman ng fuel filter sa fuel gauge?

IMO, it's either a problem with the fuel level sending unit or the gauge itself.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka hindi level na ang float sa loob ng fuel tank? (if it has has one)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks in advance!
    Try to fill your fuel tank again. As in full tank. Then observe again. Baka naman hindi na full tank ng husto tank nyo sir, esp on gas stations whose pumps are so fast-filling that bubbles form during filling ang wont really fill your tank "full". On the other hand, if you have a habit of filling your tank just with P100-300 pesos everytime your "fuel low" indicator lights up, and you've been doing this for a long time, chances are your fuel float sending unit will become erratic (like what you are experiencing) and give you erroneous level readin. My 2004 Altis fuel gauge never failed me as i dont let the fuel low indicator light up so often...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Try to fill your fuel tank again. As in full tank. Then observe again. Baka naman hindi na full tank ng husto tank nyo sir, esp on gas stations whose pumps are so fast-filling that bubbles form during filling ang wont really fill your tank "full". On the other hand, if you have a habit of filling your tank just with P100-300 pesos everytime your "fuel low" indicator lights up, and you've been doing this for a long time, chances are your fuel float sending unit will become erratic (like what you are experiencing) and give you erroneous level readin. My 2004 Altis fuel gauge never failed me as i dont let the fuel low indicator light up so often...
    You are right that I don't fill my tank up to full each time. I will try your suggestion and fill up to full next time.
    Thanks, sir!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    ang soluyon ko lang habang di pa nagagwa ung sakin lagi full tank, mid lang ung fuela gauge di na nababa..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast