New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Note on timing belt. For L300, the manual says, replace after 100km, however, it is safer to change at 80km coz the odometer doesnt register during idle or traffic. TB should not slip at any speed. I once heard about a TB na naputol. Tirik ang makina at 12K ang repair. Better safe than sorry.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok.... palitin na din pala.... isama mo na water pump....
    tapos dun mo na din ipa diagnose....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Kindly updates us TS if there is any improvement on your acceleration.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    try mo muna ang mura, valve clearance adjust ka muna.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If your timing belt is still OEM, ill wait until its 98k-100k km mileage. Your T-belt has nothing to do with your sluggish acceleration. But at your mileage, it is best to take a peek at your belts, 2 kasi belt ng 4d56, yung main T-Belt at yung mas maliit na Balancer Belt. Pwedeng maputol din kasi yung balancer belt earlier than yung main T belt. (Replace as Necessary). If both of your belts are ok, Try to use OEM airfilter first and quality fuel filter then have your valve clearance adjusted to specs by a competent mechanic. Use quality diesel fuel...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Update:
    I refilled worth P500 Sea Oil (last fill up was Phoenix) and hinaluan ko ng 50ml 2T. Parang medyo mausok pa rin at sudden acceleration, although I might be just paranoid. I havent had a chance to drive it past 100kph. What I did was put the gear in neutral, and rev the engine up to 3500 rpm (with AC and all the lights on). No hesitation naman, although mausok talaga ( I guess eto naman talaga ang behavior ng diesel).

Question: If there is a problem with my injectors, would I still be able to rev my engine that high, although in neutral?

Im crossing my fingers that I just had a bad fuel problem. Will still schedule TBelt replacement asap.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If I were you, I'll have my nozzle tips (injectors) checked first if their opening pressure & spray pattern are still within specs, adjust valve clearance to specs install OEM air filter and then install OEM or good quality fuel filter. About the 2T, it has been discussed many times in the other thread that the best ratio is 1:200 to get the best performance out of your engine. So in your case 50ml 2T will be mixed to 10L diesel. You can delay changing our T belt at a later time.

BTW, you might also have a stuck-up brake caliper / cylinder piston that is causing your advie to be sluggish. You may want to check them too

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I-advance mo timing. Did that to my Adventure before. A-OK results!!!

HTH

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Update: i rem0ved the air filter, and test drove my advie. Ramdam ung difference sa hatak, and napaabot ko ng 3500 rpm. Pansin ko lang, baliktad yung pagkalagay ng "fins" nung filter element, kaya siguro knakapos pag high rpm. Bnaliktad ko yung fins, and mas able to rev the engine til 4k rpm at neutral. Will test t0m kung ok n talaga cya.

*sir basti, id like to keep my engine in stock settings as much as p0ssible :-)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Update: i rem0ved the air filter, and test drove my advie. Ramdam ung difference sa hatak, and napaabot ko ng 3500 rpm. Pansin ko lang, baliktad yung pagkalagay ng "fins" nung filter element, kaya siguro knakapos pag high rpm. Bnaliktad ko yung fins, and mas able to rev the engine til 4k rpm at neutral. Will test t0m kung ok n talaga cya.

*sir basti, id like to keep my engine in stock settings as much as p0ssible :-)
    Binaliktad mo yung air filter? Your sucking all the dirt that was trapped by filter to your engine. Excellent way of destroying the engine... just change the air filter with a new one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast