The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    catastrophic?! nakakatakot naman yan...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    I would assume that this is equipped with a manual tranny, downshift kalang baka di na kaya ng gear yun load/grade of road. NOw if this is an auto tranny better have it check agad.
    Manual tranny sir, and the pinging usually starts at 2100 rpm, * 2500 wala na. If Im going to downshift at this rpm, i assume lower gear should engage with 3000rpms. Di naman kaya masama ito sa clutch?

TIA

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    well, it seems like your Knock Sensor is not doing its job. have the ECU scanned and see if theres any signal comming from the Knock Sensor. also, make sure your using the right Fuel octane.

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    knock sensor nga or karga ka nang blaze... run your car hanggang umilaw na yung indicator nang low fuel tapos karga ka nang blaze... please note yung ibang shops di maganda yung blaze compared to other shops... i learned this through my revo... min octane rating nya is 95, pero sa blaze lang nawawala yung tope.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Had my PMS today. Change oil, change sparkplugs, fuel additive daw to cleanse the nozzles. Done nothing for the "tope", gotta check if the fuel additive can solve the problem.

I was told that its because of our fuel here, madumi daw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Potential damages to be caused by "tope" in engine?