New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Tope means knocking pala? Thanks Sir Galactus. . .

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks Sir Galactus for the info...

Sama pala yung tope... Altis owners beware... . Though I can feel now that the tope is now somewhat lessened, kailangan pala lagi ako full tank ng V-Power , or is it that the ECU is doing its job as stated by the post of Sir Galactus (APC).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's not backfiring, it may not be a fuel issue... but there's not much way to be sure... may be a timing issue or something to do with the cam position sensor.

If it's lessened with V-Power, timing might just be the problem... but since the Altis has direct ignition (it does, right?) that increases the likelihood of a sensor problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Saw this on the net. It might be a problem for vvti engines. Do we have anyone who does ecu checking? Does local altis has APC as posted by Sir Galactus?

Quoted from http://en.allexperts.com/q/Toyota-Re.../pinging-1.htm

>>The P1349 is not a misfire code, it is a problem with the VVTi( variable valve timing) system, Toyota has issued a service bulletin regarding this code(TSB EG009-03) <<

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also encounter some tope in our Altis (6 mos old) but this is usually due to poor "timpla" while we're starting from standstill; which is not as scary as encountering it under acceleration at a certain RPM. When i load up on XCS it's gone entirely.

Short of going to the CASA for a diagnostic, would resetting the ECU be of any help?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If better fuel gets rid of it, then loading up with good fuel and resetting the ECU should mitigate it.

Well, the link you've posted, Howard, sounds much like what you're experiencing... a VVTi problem would cause erratic running problems at low rpms, if the high cam comes on at low rpms. And like the guy who posted advice said, and I've said previously... report! report! report! The most important thing in warranty claims is that you report the problem early. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    double post

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ive noticed that the tope is still there, especially when subjected to loads. I have reported to my SA and will wait for his response.

Thanks Sir Niky for the advise.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this might help...
    check fuel filter if there's sign of water contamination sa fuel.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would assume that this is equipped with a manual tranny, downshift kalang baka di na kaya ng gear yun load/grade of road. NOw if this is an auto tranny better have it check agad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Potential damages to be caused by &quot;tope&quot; in engine?