New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    good evening, may concern lang ako, I brought our chevy venture to the casa, kasi hindi lumamlamig and aircon, and sabi sa amin ay kailangan palitan and pollen filter. and tanong ko hindi ba pwede itong linisin muna or hugasan. how often should a filter be changed, tama ba and recomendation sa amin ng kasa. pls help.
    lovely

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely View Post
    good evening, may concern lang ako, I brought our chevy venture to the casa, kasi hindi lumamlamig and aircon, and sabi sa amin ay kailangan palitan and pollen filter. and tanong ko hindi ba pwede itong linisin muna or hugasan. how often should a filter be changed, tama ba and recomendation sa amin ng kasa. pls help.
    lovely
    Pollen filters have to be changed you can't wash it. However, AFAIK it shouldn't have affect on how cold the AC of the vehicle gets. Just do a google search for Chevy Venture pollen filter or in cabin filter and you can find one you can buy cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Majority of cars on the roads don't have pollen/cabin filters. You can just take it out. Though I doubt that it is the real source of your problem.

On most vehicles, that pollen filter only works when you set the a/c to take in fresh air from outside the vehicle. If you use the a/c in recirculate mode like most motorists, then the filter is not really doing much filtering.

Yung sa Starex nilabhan ko lang since fresh air mode is rarely used (parating naka-recirculate). Itatapon ko na lang sana and just use the a/c without the filter (wala din naman filter yung ibang cars na ginagamit ko) pero nanghinayang ako saka pwedeng pang-sample when it comes time to get a new one.

Just remember that the casa will always try to recommend something that is in their favor. So be a conscious consumer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kala ko about "Poleen Luna" yung thread...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I also have a Chevy Venture, my daily driver and had the same problem. What my driver did was to wash the pollen filter using a toothbrush and soapy water. Dry it under the sun and put it back. The aircon became cold again. Have been doing it for over a year and so far so good.

I don't know why the aircon looses its cooling ability when the filter is dirty. It might be that the airflow is restricted.

Incase you don't know where the pollen filter is, its inside the glove box. Remove all your stuff and you should see a removable panel, its behind it.

Also, make sure your pollen filter is dry before reinstalling. I once had to drive off before it was completly dry and I got a wet smell from the aircon. It also did not cool until after the wet smell went away. I guess it had to dry up before working properly.

BTW, how much is a new pollen filter nowadays?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang pollen filter ho ngayon ay sa harap ng evaporator (towards the occupants) kaya pag barado ay na bo-block ang airflow (yung buga ng blower) kaya nababawasan ng lamig at kung minsan wala ng hangin na bumubuga.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In case you decide to buy a new pollen filter, try contacting Thunder Automotive. Just look for their nmber in the yellow pages. They carry parts for GM and their prices are a bit lower compared to casa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    ang pollen filter ho ngayon ay sa harap ng evaporator (towards the occupants) kaya pag barado ay na bo-block ang airflow (yung buga ng blower) kaya nababawasan ng lamig at kung minsan wala ng hangin na bumubuga.
    Kasama na naman ba ito sa 'excellent engineering' ng GM Buti pa yung Koreano, fail-safe. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    not only gm sir otep ganyan din ang chrysler, encountered a lot na reklamo wala ng lamig (yun nga iba diagnosis nila sira blower) pag inspect mo sa pollen filter barado na wala na daanan ang hangin and take note mas mahal pa sa air filter more than 3thou... aray....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow, no wonder even Americans don't buy domestics.

Maybe they designed it that way para talaga mapilitan bumili ng filter.

AFAIK, even the cabin filter on the Volvo is of a fail safe design. The a/c will still blow cold in the even of a full filter blockage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
poleen filter