New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but does the 1.3 push enough air to make the restriction of the stock IHE truly an issue? i am guessing you don't get much of anything from a less restrictive IHE.

but even if you get a 50% hp increase (which is very aggressive for n/a), you still have a relatively weak car as niky said. pede na if you're looking for more power around town and don't mind spending the money, or if you're building a spec racer (for which i wouldn't start with a City anyway in the 1/3 NA class).

kung ganun ang expectations mo, then go for it! but don't expect to build a drag car or a stoplight-to-stoplight racer...good luck
    Last edited by empy; April 29th, 2008 at 02:38 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the question should be how much power do you want? minsan all you want is just a bit more oomph and you end up replacing the engine that you don't know the history of.

i don't know but you better think it out well before you do anything.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yun nga yung problem.

Spending sane money on a 1.3 City will not make it as fast as the VTi next to you.

Spending insane money might.

Been there, done that.

But if you want the car to feel just a little more "fun", go ahead. do the exhaust-work and intake-work and whatever else you feel like... but don't expect miracles. In the end... the mods to make the 1.3 push out an extra 30 ponies would probably cost as much as a 1.5 engine swap, which would make you even more power.

Yeah, like I'm one to give advice... don't ask Speedlab about my current build...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just want a kick in my ride, a bit performance type of car, hindi naman serious race driver, perf lng... mabilis lng tlga ako magpatakbo, and alam ko, kaya ko pa ipush ang car kahit konti, without harming its parts...

back to topic:
    LF: reputable shop where they do medrel bending headers, also a muffler shop.. except muffler land, i have contacted them, and listed down the prices... any shop?? (also nodalos, but theyre not using menrel bending...)

Another thing... any reputable shop na rin to find my suitable Air Intake set (tube and filter??)

Thanks for posting guys... konti na lng... sana maFinalize na natin...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yeah, like I'm one to give advice... don't ask Speedlab about my current build...
    yup, take his word for it. I've come from Speedlab and seen the current build. Not a pretty sight (for your wallet).

But if you do have the budget, Speedlab is a good place to have stuff done. My project car was mostly done at Speedlab but had a more modest build-up than Niky.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hold On, I'll get back to this topic, On Gains after IHE upgrades...

Would there be noticeable gains in HP, not that super big, but noticeable.. hindi kasali ung noticeable na ingay na maccreate ng headers, filter and Muff..

Basic Mod lng naman toh, not thinking of going bigtime... ^^, after nito Audio na ako then simple Body...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    yup, take his word for it. I've come from Speedlab and seen the current build. Not a pretty sight (for your wallet).

But if you do have the budget, Speedlab is a good place to have stuff done. My project car was mostly done at Speedlab but had a more modest build-up than Niky.
    Hahaha... more modest because you started with a better engine. Thanks for not mentioning that you still make more power than me...

-----

On-topic... IHE will always give you a bump. At worst... just a 5-8 hp bump... which is noticeable... at best, maybe 10-15 hp (though 15 hp is kinda optimistic)... But you'll have to get it right. A lot of people just "salpak-salpak-salpak" (done that, too) and are surprised that their car feels more sluggish, because they've sacrificed too much low-end torque for top-end power.

You can buy a filter tube anywhere. Kahit Simota lang, okay na... you can get the tube at Blade, even. But change the Simota filter out for a K&N. Simotas either give you a measly +2 hp, or, at the worst, -5 hp (according to Speedlab's dyno).

Aside from mufflerland... hmmm... I know eRL does custom work, Speedlab can, too (but they're both more expensive than Mufflerland)... Fremuff is well regarded by many (despite being non-mandrel)... your choices are endless. ;)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks very much for the replies sirs,
    Intakes - yeah, thats my plan, simota tube + K&N Universal cone filter.
    headers - Looking for pa rin tlga, I'll be checking up SX8ers at HCP
    Mufflers - 2" inlet, freeflow, kahit anung tip na, ayaw ko lng ung maxadong OA sa laki, parang mangkok tignan eh, (tama ba 2" inlet, and Piping for exhaust, for a 1.3 EFI engine?) << last na yan...

mukhang mufflerland ang babagsakan ko ah, hayz...hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2" is okay. What will be critical is the midpipe. Best size midpipe for a 1.6 liter engine is 2". For a 1.3 engine, that might be too big, but I don't know what else you can do. You can try 1.75" (if they have the size), but a lot will depend on what other SX8 guys say.

Good luck!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sabi nila bsta below 2" pipes, tpos same nung inlet ung sukat ng pipes, kaso ung Tip ba ng muffler? does the size have an Effect?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
performance Upgrade or ??