New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Good Day Experts, Need your help

I encountered intermittent engine oil indicator blinking this morning. Actually I'm not sure if this is engine oil indicator, but this could be found on the RPM panel on dashboard. This is on the left side of the battery indicator. I called Joseph A22BO and told me that this is engine oil indicator and the blinking could be due to low level engine oil. So I inspect the oil dipstick and found that this is on low side indeed, so I replenish the engine then run. After a while the blinking again showed up. I don't bother joseph anymore as he drove to UST. Anyway, I re-inspect the oil and its on the same level since I topped it up but intermittent blinking is really evident. I pulled over to EDSA Hyundai Service Center near crame and talked to Quality Control Mechnanic and told me that my car is safe to drive and the blinking is due to either damage sending unit or some electrical fault on my sending unit. So I drive up to Alabang (my office).

Last thing that I noticed is that when I restart the car this indicator doesn't light up while most indicators turned on.

My ride is Pajero 2.8 AT field master. Sorry for asking, I don't have the user manual as I'm the 2nd owner. What are your opinion here? Any idea on the cost of sending unit? Thanks in advance. Thanks to A22BO too.

Regards,
    Cesar

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun gen1 ko dati ganyan 4D56 ang engine. replaced ko yun sending unit (it's electrical) sa Isuzu parts (what!?!?) caloocan ako nakahanap. every once in a while nag low pressure ang indicator kahit ok ang oil level. took it out, cleaned it with WD40, then ok naman siya. don't buy the cheap replacement 150php. sandali lang buhay. 750php yun sending unit sa Isuzu parts. HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The purpose of the oil indicator is to indicate low oil levels/pressure.

If there is sufficient oil in the engine, then chances are you have a defective sending unit. It's easily replaced lang naman, in fact you could do it yourself

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Arfasay,
    Called Eldorado the price of Engine Oil sending unit is 350pesos (Original daw), so not bad. Papalitan ko na rin kung talagang ito nga ang culprit.
    The key here is intermittent blinking,
    so pwedeng sending unit nga lang ang problema. Pero kung hindi ito blinking at steady activated ang indicator then may problema nga siguro sa engine either may leak or the oil pump is not working. Tama ba tong hypothesis ko.
    By the way, masyado tuloy akong naging conscious sa leak, at napansin ko tuloy yun tagas sa engine top cover gasket at half moon. Papalitan ko na rin ito. Ngayon tanong ko since bubuksan din naman ang top cover, balak ko sanang ipa-adjust na ang valve clearance para isang trabaho na lang. Manual ba adjustment nito?
    FieldMaster

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    manual po ang adjustment

inlet valve=0.25mm
    exhaust valve=0.35mm

valve clearance is measured directly below each cam

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4M40 adjustment is done via spacers, hindi parang sa 4D56 na de-pihit lang. fyi lang po.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga sirs pasingit na ng topic ko, sensya na...

may question lang ako about the ABS indicator light. It is blinking intermittently. Ano kay ibig sabihin non?

TNX.

Pajero Intermittent Engine Oil Indicator