New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung ordinary coolant without any anti-freezing contaminants. Di ko nga maalala yung tatak... panget tong nagamit ko, may namumuong latak na pula sa ibabaw ng reservoir.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,

If your vehicle is equipped with a heater, better stick with something with antifreeze (or ethylene glycol). Baka kasi masira yung heater core. It's one messy thing when it leaks because its under your dasboard.

Pure water might freeze and break the heater core open.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP, e ang init init na dito sa pinas, mag fi-freeze pa ba yang coolant? :roll:
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

Hindi ba magkatabi ang heater core at a/c evaporator sa ilalim ng dashboard?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a, ok. :wink:
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    AFAIK, the anti-freeze is for cold climates only where sometimes the coolant freezes so as the oils, and fuels. they have special additives so that they will not freeze.

they say daw that coolant with anti-freeze eats up aluminum cylinder heads. that is why prestone is formulated for tropical climates.

yes my vehicle has heater. i think we should better research this over the net and post our findings. thanks for informing me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,
    I'm still researching on it. Pero may anti-freezing properties din naman yata ang ethelyne glycol. Medyo concerned lang ako kasi feeling ko magkalapit talaga yung heater core at a/c evaporator because they are driven by the same blower. If the evaporator springs a leak, gas lang ang lalabas. If the heater core gives way, coolant will flood into the cabin (matapang na substance ito) and the engine has a risk of overheating.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    OTEP, e ang init init na dito sa pinas, mag fi-freeze pa ba yang coolant? :roll:
    actually, misconception yung term na anti-freeze, although technically correct pa rin. Coolant is also kinda misleading pero parang pwede na rin. sa tropical countries, anti-boil is more the correct term :D

ethylene glycol yung pinaka common additive na ginagamit as anti-freeze or coolant. what it does is, if you mix in a high enough amount of ethylene glycol with water, say 50/50 ratio, it lowers the freezing point of water below 0°C, hence the term, "anti-freeze", and at the same time, it increases the boiling point of water above 100°C, hence your coolant fluid can dissipate more engine heat compared to water alone. kaya lang, since mga kano ang umimbento nito, na retain yung term na antifreeze or coolant.
    ang magandang radiator coolant additive ay yung merong mga anti-rust additives, or anti-scale. at isa pang magandang practice, don't use tap water, use distilled water, not mineral water ha. Wilkin's distilled water will do.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gandang info nito rsnald. I'll do this. What brand of "coolant" do you recommend? Ano effect kung pure "coolant" ang ilalagay (no water)? Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    OO nga??? What brand do you recomend?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Other than oil and air filters...