New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Opel vectra in europe uses an isuzu 17DR diesel engine. Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Vectra

Just look for a suitable isuzu engine with similar mounts. At least its euro spec.
    That one isn't compatible with the 99 Vectra, and no, we don't have that motor here. The closest you can get locally is the Isuzu Gemini engine, but that's ancient, and it won't mount up directly to the Vectra without extensive modification.

And it'll probably run like dirt.

If you want a front-wheel drive layout diesel, you'll have to import it, sadly. The only late model front-drive engine you can get here in diesel that's not CRDI (and you don't want those, they're expensive, and will be extremely difficult to swap without having some expertise) is the 2 liter diesel in the Nissan AD Max, circa 2000.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    nice to know these things bro, thank you.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last time I checked, which was around a few months ago, here are prices of front wheel drive diesels in banawe QC:

Toyota - 2CT - P40K
    Mitsubishi - 4D68T - P35K
    Nissan - CD20T - P35k

All are turbo. All are from passenger cars. Most come in A/T but cant remember if the prices i quoted include the A/T.

Toyota and mitsubishi have timing belts i believe. Nissan must have a timing gear like their other diesels - not sure but check. The Nissan TD27 has a steel cylinder head for durability - am not sure if CD20T is also steel.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Last time I checked, which was around a few months ago, here are prices of front wheel drive diesels in banawe QC:

Toyota - 2CT - P40K
    Mitsubishi - 4D68T - P35K
    Nissan - CD20T - P35k

All are turbo. All are from passenger cars. Most come in A/T but cant remember if the prices i quoted include the A/T.

Toyota and mitsubishi have timing belts i believe. Nissan must have a timing gear like their other diesels - not sure but check. The Nissan TD27 has a steel cylinder head for durability - am not sure if CD20T is also steel.
    Timing belt, also.

All imports. You'll be reliant on the Banawe importers for spares... or will have to import them yourself. The CD20T will have some similarity with the AD Max engine, which should mean spares should be available, but I don't know what differences (besides the turbo) there are with the engines... most likely the compression is a bit different, but that's not a big problem unless you need a rebuild.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir gabyulaw, na-try nyo na ba sa FRONTE MOTORS sa Banawe? sila yung bilihan ng Opel parts. Meron din silang mga mekaniko dun.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Sir gabyulaw, na-try nyo na ba sa FRONTE MOTORS sa Banawe? sila yung bilihan ng Opel parts. Meron din silang mga mekaniko dun.
    Bro youngrider, san po ba eksakto address nitong Fronte? Salamat po sa impormasyon. Kahit po tel. no lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    FRONTE MOTOR PARTS:

Tel: 712-0864
    712-0919

23-B kabignayan St. Cor. Banawe St, Quezon City.

Mga pangalawang kanto *Right side galing sa E. Rodriguez.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    FRONTE MOTOR PARTS:

Tel: 712-0864
    712-0919

23-B kabignayan St. Cor. Banawe St, Quezon City.

Mga pangalawang kanto *Right side galing sa E. Rodriguez.

thanks a lot bro.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Any updates on this project? I am also interested in a vectra with an engine swap lalo na kung diesel. Compatible kaya axles sa jap axles?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir also planning to do an engine swap for my 2000 opel vectra (matic). any updates po? thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Opel Vectra 1999, compatible engine