New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi guys,

i'm thinking of changing the engine of my vectra into a japanese car's engine. may alam po ba kayo na shop na specialized gumawa ng ganito at ano po kaya ang compatible-sized engine na pwede ipalit sa orig engine ng ganitong modelo.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gabyulaw View Post
    hi guys,

i'm thinking of changing the engine of my vectra into a japanese car's engine. may alam po ba kayo na shop na specialized gumawa ng ganito at ano po kaya ang compatible-sized engine na pwede ipalit sa orig engine ng ganitong modelo.
    Sayang naman ang car mo. Why don't you just repair your existing engine?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir actually ok pa naman yung engine nya ngayon pero kapag nagka diperensya ay medyo may kamahalan at mahirap sa pyesa kaya since maganda pa naman yung body ay gusto ko sana engine replacement na lang, kung bebenta ko namn ay masyado na mura ang salvage value ng ganito.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sir actually ok pa naman yung engine nya ngayon pero kapag nagka diperensya ay medyo may kamahalan at mahirap sa pyesa kaya since maganda pa naman yung body ay gusto ko sana engine replacement na lang, kung bebenta ko namn ay masyado na mura ang salvage value ng ganito.
    Greetings my friend,

Are you a member of the Opel Owner's Club yet? If not, register with us at http://www.clubopelph.com. I'm sure a lot of the guys there will be able to help you with your car, especially with maintenance and parts.

Cheers and see you there.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Thats a German engineered and made car, why are you changing the engine to a junk Japanese surplus engine? European cars have really a premium price for spare parts even old models. Try to maintain the engine regularly, procedures almost the same with Japanese/ Korean cars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi guys,

You'll probably need to look for a 2.0L engine with similar engine mount points. For sure you will need an adapter plate custom made if you want to keep the original tranny.

BTW, is the original tranny A/T or M/T?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post

Thats a German engineered and made car, why are you changing the engine to a junk Japanese surplus engine? European cars have really a premium price for spare parts even old models. Try to maintain the engine regularly, procedures almost the same with Japanese/ Korean cars.
    Because it's an Opel. Opel is to Germany as Daewoo is to Korea...

Oh wait... that's because Daewoos are also Opels...

-

A Vectra will do well with periodic maintenance and some foresight, but if the point is saving money on repairs, might as well just sell it and buy a smaller car. Even parts for Japanese engines that are large enough and powerful enough for the Vectra will cost quite a bit if something breaks... just ask Camry and Accord owners.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Opel body is quite rigid as compared with the japanese ones that's why i loved it. it is a manual tranny ride. well my main concern is not the price of the parts but availability and competitive mechanics doing the service. last time i've spent almost 40K for supposed-to-be clutch disc replacement because i end up buying a lot of unnecessary parts to change because the "good" mechanic destroyed those other parts in the process.

bro niky is correct, opels and daewoos were using same engine and some models uses same harness wiring too.

If you know a reputable shop doing engine change for this type of car, kindly inform me: nobaj357*gmail.com i'll be home this month and seriously considering to go ahead with this project. thanks a million to all....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    That's GM for you, If before Opels were Daewoos, now Chevys are Daewoos...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Opel vectra in europe uses an isuzu 17DR diesel engine. Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Vectra

Just look for a suitable isuzu engine with similar mounts. At least its euro spec.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Opel Vectra 1999, compatible engine