New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tried looking for a thread dedicated specifically for oil filters here in the forum but found none. So let me be allowed to start one....

Anyway, I am from Cebu and have limited options when looking for better oil filter brands. I tried scouting from various shops and most sell VIC Oil Filters... My ride by the way is a Fortuner Dsl AT 2016 and when I went to Toyota, the part number they gave me is: 90915-YZZD2.

If I buy in Toyota, the oil filter costs P 503.80 Pesos.

VIC Brand is C-111 which costs only P 165.00.

Went to another shop and saw Bosch O 1042 which costs P 190.00

And lastly at Ace Hardware, I saw Purlator L10241 which cost P 229.75.

From the above available brands, I have read hear that VIC is not good; while Purlator oil filters sold in Ace Hardware are fake. I also consider Toyota's OEM as overpriced. This left me with Bosch but read somewhere that while this is a German brand, yet for the third world countries, the supplies here are from China.... The shops here said that VIC is Japan made so I am quite confused....

BTW, I intend to replace the oil filter every 5K Km... with a fully synthetic oil every 10k Km with in between 5k Km change of oil filter and top-up of fully syn oil when necessary....

Thinking also of buying on-line on other oil filter brands but I am afraid I might be buying the fake ones...

Pls help....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Tried looking for a thread dedicated specifically for oil filters here in the forum but found none. So let me be allowed to start one....

Anyway, I am from Cebu and have limited options when looking for better oil filter brands. I tried scouting from various shops and most sell VIC Oil Filters... My ride by the way is a Fortuner Dsl AT 2016 and when I went to Toyota, the part number they gave me is: 90915-YZZD2.

From the above available brands, I have read hear that VIC is not good; while Purlator oil filters sold in Ace Hardware are fake. I also consider Toyota's OEM as overpriced. This left me with Bosch but read somewhere that while this is a German brand, yet for the third world countries, the supplies here are from China.... The shops here said that VIC is Japan made so I am quite confused....

BTW, I intend to replace the oil filter every 5K Km... with a fully synthetic oil every 10k Km with in between 5k Km change of oil filter and top-up of fully syn oil when necessary....

Thinking also of buying on-line on other oil filter brands but I am afraid I might be buying the fake ones...

Pls help....

Okay naman yung VIC filter 3 yrs ko na gamit ng Isuzu ko wala naman problema

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Pls help....

there's a lengthy thread here about engine oil and oil filters by dvldoc. you can also read in the BITOG forums (bob is the oil guy). There are tons of info re oil and filters there. happy reading...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    you can order from andys parts depot i think. it should only cost a few hundred to ship. he sells the good filters..and oil if required

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Wix off Lazada.

Made in Poland.

Good stuff.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Sir, check this out too - Best Oil/Fuel Filters

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Wix off Lazada.

Made in Poland.

Good stuff.
    Yup, that's what I am using now.

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    I think that as long as you change your engine oil and filter regularly, the brand and oil really doesn't matter. This is provided that it is hard to get original branded engine oil and oil filters in developing countries.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013

Pls help....
    There is a US brand WIX filters already available in the Philippines, they are far better than VIC, also the company that owns WIX is a German filter supplier to all European, Japanese, S. Korean and other car manufacturers which is Mann+Hummel.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    How do i know what size fits my car?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast