New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    What does it do? Does it really work?
    Can't find a thread here or can't search for it.
    Has anyone been using this in CRDI turbo engines? Will this help the leaking of oil seen in the intake hose of the turbo?
    To those using an oil catch can, what are your reviews about this?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    What does it do? Does it really work?
    Can't find a thread here or can't search for it.
    Has anyone been using this in CRDI turbo engines? Will this help the leaking of oil seen in the intake hose of the turbo?
    To those using an oil catch can, what are your reviews about this?

Search is your friend. You will not regret installing one.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have one installed in our Innova D4-D. Bought it online from a seller from OLX. Since it doesnt have any baffle inside I just fabricated a baffle system from a piece of metal sheet, then placed steel wool scrubber at the bottom. It does a good job keeping the turbo intake clean and dry. I just drain it every 4 months or so.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_08 View Post
    I have one installed in our Innova D4-D. Bought it online from a seller from OLX. Since it doesnt have any baffle inside I just fabricated a baffle system from a piece of metal sheet, then placed steel wool scrubber at the bottom. It does a good job keeping the turbo intake clean and dry. I just drain it every 4 months or so.
    you have a picture sir? thank you

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    I will try to upload later. My catch can is the Greddy box-type (http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/For%20Sa...h_Can-3588.jpg) with 15mm fittings like the one in the link. I also drilled and installed a petcock drain valve on the side for easy draining.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    I will try to upload later. My catch can is the Greddy box-type (http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/For%20Sale/Photos/Catch_Can-3588.jpg) with 15mm fittings like the one in the link. I also drilled and installed a petcock drain valve on the side for easy draining.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    my oil catch can is the earth. deretso yong hose ko,nakatutok na sa lupa.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Great. I will try to get one if it is really advisable.
    Was searching for the thread but it shows so many titles. Is there any particular thread you know where the oil catch can was discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Was searching for the thread but it shows so many titles. Is there any particular thread you know where the oil catch can was discussed?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Its pretty common among Monterosport and Fortuner owners. I suggest visit the Mistu and Toyota treads

Its pretty common among Monterosport and Fortuner owners. I suggest visit the Mistu and Toyota treads

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Mine is an old 4ja1, so really needed this, so I put one as catch can, used chemical hose and pvc pipe going to container, then the air output from the breather, i inserted it on the tube where the air is going to the air intake. The oil moisture really exist, its intoxicating the air filter, but at least, most of the air will go directly to the intake. The inside of the air intake is now so clean.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ok lang ba kung mag fabricate na lang ng OCC or mas maganda kung bumili nalang ng branded na bolt on kahit fake?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast