New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I have a 1988 nissan sentra SGX 1.5 8valve. bought 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago my while driving on 5th gear, car choked and engine turned off, and it will not start, when i had a mechanic check on it , they said it was the carb thats dirty, then they cleaned a bit and advised to use a carb cleaner. after a week i had the carb overhauled and after 30 mins from the mechanic, same problem again, then it went back to normal. then yesterday on my way to my sisters it brokedown again same issue. i was able to start it again when i removed the airfilter and tried pumpinmg gas. Whats wrong with my car? could it be the fuel filter or fuel tank also or somethings really wrong with the Carb? Please help Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to check your fuel line, including the filter and fuel pump as well. Is the fuel you loaded okay and is your tank clean?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Try to check your fuel line, including the filter and fuel pump as well. Is the fuel you loaded okay and is your tank clean?
    I only use shell unleaded on it, havent checked the fuel filter and pump. i was planning on my next move to clean the fuel tank.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    get it diagnosed by a competent auto technician

Nissan Sentra SGX 88 model problem