New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
    good day sir!
    i have a 2012 forester xs (pre cvt era)and a 2017 forester xt, i prefer the feel of naturally aspirated here in the city but i think parang bitin sa akin ying 2.0, NA, but when i drive the xt, parang too much power naman, parang may whiplash ako,
    parang iba din yung boxer engine sound ng NA ( which i like it more) compared to the XT
    im thinking kung sana lng may 2.5 NA na forester dito sa pilipinas
    there is no such thing as too much power.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    there is no such thing as too much power.
    i think too much for my personal need

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    good day sir!
    i have a 2012 forester xs (pre cvt era)and a 2017 forester xt, i prefer the feel of naturally aspirated here in the city but i think parang bitin sa akin ying 2.0, NA, but when i drive the xt, parang too much power naman, parang may whiplash ako,
    parang iba din yung boxer engine sound ng NA ( which i like it more) compared to the XT
    im thinking kung sana lng may 2.5 NA na forester dito sa pilipinas
    Hello there, fellow XT brother! Mine is a 2016 model. The tuning output of the XT is just good enough - decent acceleration and speed. The XT feels soft off the line primarily due to its CVT tranny, a DCT would have made it a bit quicker.

Maybe a similar tune as the WRX S4 (300hp/400Nm) would make a bigger smile on my face. I am already even thinking just that. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Hello there, fellow XT brother! Mine is a 2016 model. The tuning output of the XT is just good enough - decent acceleration and speed. The XT feels soft off the line primarily due to its CVT tranny, a DCT would have made it a bit quicker.

Maybe a similar tune as the WRX S4 (300hp/400Nm) would make a bigger smile on my face. I am already even thinking just that. Hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Normally sabi nga is "no replacement for displacement"

Na introduce ang low displacement with turbo for fuel economy Lalo na kung city driving lang.

Sayang ang mas malaking displacement kung nausad lang or naka tengga lang sa trapik.

So ginawa yun mga lower displacement plus turbo para mas tipid. Yun lang nga at additional moving part sa engine kaya additional maintenance.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No replacement for displacement - it still applies but you can’t compare NA engines to turbocharged or supercharged engines.

The advent of small displacement engines is a good thing as you get more power and output from a smaller engine. Take the case of the Ford Fox 1.0L 3-cylinder Ecoboost engine, it produces more power and torque like a 2.0L NA engine. The Euro-spec Fox engine is rated at 140hp/210Nm.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Oops wrong thread. Deleted.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Good day to all!
    i want to ask your knowledge regarding the advantages and disadvantages of naturally aspirated over turbocharged engines

1. same engine displacement ( different power output )
    2. same power output ( different displacement)
    N.A -

Advantage:
    less movable parts meaning less maintenance

Disadvantage:
    Less power if compared to turbocharged

Yung fun to drive na factor it varies from driver to driver...
    Ako Pwede naman fun to drive kahit naka n.a pero katabi ko yung special someone... tapos more time pa kasi managal takbo ng n.a may excuse to spend more time together... hehe... yun nga lang pag may quickie, sa turbocharged na ako para mabilis umabot sa puntahan... hahaha... pero sa manila traffic, n.a or turbocharged same lang ng timeline sa pupuntahan...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    With today's smart engines equipped with varable valve timing, neither turbocharger nor superchargers are needed. Even the EGR valve had been eliminated. Cars equipped with LIVC (late intake valve closing or atkinson engine) do not need neither turbo nor supercharger.
    The reason for installing forced air induction is to increase volumetric efficiency of the combustion chambers. The relative time the intake valve is open is very short to efficiently fill the combustion chambers with air for optimum pressure hence optimum torque and horsepower.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Naturally aspirated vs Turbocharged