New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    guys, my 2000 kia carnival's turbo gave way. may shop ba kayong alam or selling surplus. thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz8101 View Post
    guys, my 2000 kia carnival's turbo gave way. may shop ba kayong alam or selling surplus. thanks
    Try some stores in Banaue which specialize in Korean surplus parts.

By the way, you have to find out why your turbo failed. The same failure could happen again if the root cause is not corrected.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try speedlab sa quezon avenue, tapat halos ng Pegasus. they are familiar with turboes.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Were you practicing the 2-minute idle before turn-off (after a long run) method to preserve the turbo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dmax have a turbo, i often run long distances (nlex) at quite a high speed than average, it has logged 120,000+ km in 4 years, and i never had turbo problem... may be its the quality of the brand -- can't expect so much from KIA OR

its plain old age (its an 8 year old KIA).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    may tumatagas ba na oil sa turbo mo? umuusok ng grabe ba on idle after a hard drive?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    mga bro, thanks for your help. Will check out Speedlab sa QC Ave. RION: yes maasuk siya and no power.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz8101 View Post
    By the way, how did you know that your turbo is kaput?

We have a lot of experience with Kia Carnival. Most often, black smoke / low power is due to faulty injectors.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    exactly, black smoke and low power. had a couple of mechanics look at it and thats what they said, turbo.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    may point talaga si DD, kahit kasi walang turbo, may power parin dapat. unless the turbines are jammed...

did they atleast remove the (turbo-out-intake-in) pipe? and had it revolution before they conclude sa turbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
turbo mechanic or surplus kia