New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think the installation is good, pero halimbawa b n ngkamali ng balik ung piston i mean ngkapalit ng pwesto my epekto b un, wla nmn blowby ung piston or piston ring nabuksan na rin lang kaya pinapalitan ko n para isang bukasan nalang tsaka kung kotse lang ang pag-uusapan hnd ko titipidin un hanggat maari nga kung my original n mabibili dito un ang bibilin ko cge try ko advice mo v6dreamer thanks.

pano nga pala magflush ng water s muffler sir 4jgtootsie? im still in break in hanggat maari nga ayoko lumagpas ng 40 km/h takbo ko eh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ideally, after overhaul, your engine should work like a champ. No smoke, more power, and smoother transition.

In your case, there is something wrong with your mechanic and/or the parts (or installation). Backjob yan of course, translated to additional hassle.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Flush your muffler with water. Its possible that oil is still present in the exhaust system. Are you still in break in? Style of break in?
    it is possible indeed... since you are not noticing any problems aside that.
    Last edited by rion; April 26th, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ang tanong ay kung may drivability concern ka ba sa kotse mo? like misfire, high idle,or low idle.nababawasan ba ang coolant ng kotse mo?if all things are normal, then it is just as simple as overfilled engine oil.check your engine oil first before you blame your mechanic,because sometimes things could happen,like for example in cooling system,pagkatapos mo gawin ang sirang waterpump and while your in the process of performing system test, another thing gets break which is not a mechanics fault,its just happen na yung system during the process it has an excessive pressure which flows going back and forth to the engine and at the same time this flows tend to look for an exit from that system until they find that weakest link (weak parts) which is as saying "when it breaks it breaks" and the flows continue to flow.

now check your engine oil,coolant fluid,or go back to your mechanic and tell them about your concern.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sorry; what i mean is that the flows continue to loose

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dinala ba sa machine shop yung engine block mo para i-hone o kaya i-rebore
    para sa ayos na pag kaka bilog ng cylinder walls para na din lumapat ng husto ang bagong rings na ikinabit ng mekaniko?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I will reserve my diagnosis until you flush the exhaust system.
    Run your car at normal operating temp then turn it off. Put a hose inside your tale pipe as far as it can reach. Turn the water on and let it overflow. This may sound scarry for a newly overhauled engine but rev it at high throttle then engine off. Repeat the procedure to 2-4 times.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    scary talaga iyan, eh paano kung makarating sa cylinder ang tubig sa hose?
    possibleng makapasok siya sa open na exhaust valve sa isa sa mga cylinders, di bah? do you have a better recommendation?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
    Ideally, after overhaul, your engine should work like a champ. No smoke, more power, and smoother transition.
    A newly overhauled engine will gradually increase power, lessen smoke and run cooler as break in progresses. The piston rings are not yet properly mated to the cylinder walls making tight seal and efficient compression poor.

I believe in driving hard on break in. The engine needs load to seal the gaps between the rings and hone (peaks and valleys). Just imagine a parachute will it open when you run around the driveway, it will open after you jump plane or a very tall building.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    scary talaga iyan, eh paano kung makarating sa cylinder ang tubig sa hose?
    possibleng makapasok siya sa open na exhaust valve sa isa sa mga cylinders, di bah? do you have a better recommendation?
    Bago umakyat sa exhaust manifold lalabas na excess water sa tail pipe. The level exhaust ports is much higher than the muffler and after manifold piping.

Try doing it before an emission test and you will understand what I mean.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 26th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
my white smoke parin khit after overhaul