New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Question lang guys if its ok to change oil a corolla 1.6 4AF engine with almost 267thou km from Motul back to Petron ultron, would that crank the engine? or would generally have a bad effect on the engine?

Facts as of to date:
    Engine runs smoothly and quietly in motul htech oil, no problems.

Sorry im dumb at this. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you mean crank the engine? You just drain the motul, change the filter then pour in the freah ultron oil. No bad effect naman, its just that you cannot take advantage of the special properties of a synthetic oil.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sorry, what i meant was as a result of unstable engine sound and running condition. So ok lang pala. ok then thanks ha. kasi my budget is 2500 lang and i need to buy sparkplugs pa and yung sobra shempre sa food hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok...any engine would sound quieter and smoother after a new oil change.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Motul is synthetic while Ultron is available in both synthetic, semi-synthetic and mineral versions. Ultron Race is the synthetic version. Also, 10w40 is thinner than 20w50. So 10w40 may give you better fuel consumption. I assume ypu are thinking of going mineral, tama ba?

Switching from synthetic to mineral is normally safe. Its just you may lose some added benefits of the synthetic oil.

Opinion ko lang, if you have been running Motul and have had no problems, stick to it na lang. Better protection for your engine. And since mataas na milage mo, you need to keep your engine protected.

How much ba Motul and Ulton? My thinking is, if premium synthetic oil cost twice that of mineral, synthetic is cheaper. Why? Bec, if you drive 10,000 kms a year, you need to change oil twice a year with mineral. With synthetic, you do it once only. So in the end price is the same. But you save time cause you only have it serviced once. You also get better oil. Just my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayan ginamitan kana ng economics ni user. less downtime, fewer oil filter change.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you're happy with the way one thing performs why switch?

it should be safe but look for a 40 weight mineral oil din para di ka masyado lumakas sa gas.