New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hey guys my terrano is due for registration this month & medyo mausok sya. So my question is where is the best place to have it calibrated (if this is the best remedy, if there are other ways, pls post na rin) and how much would that cost? tnx people :roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton
    hey guys my terrano is due for registration this month & medyo mausok sya. So my question is where is the best place to have it calibrated (if this is the best remedy, if there are other ways, pls post na rin) and how much would that cost? tnx people :roll:
    Anton,
    Since your location indicates that your are from QC, the nearest shop would be Hanson's place.

Costs varies depending on the extent of damage.

Doc Diesel

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel, please don't be offended. Magtatanong lang po. Pag po ba nagpa-calibrate sa Betan may guarantee po ba napapasa sa LTO smoke test? Salamat po.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by InVitro25
    Doc Diesel, please don't be offended. Magtatanong lang po. Pag po ba nagpa-calibrate sa Betan may guarantee po ba napapasa sa LTO smoke test? Salamat po.
    Before we carry out repairs in your vehicle. We do basic engine check-ups and diagnosis. Since diesel engine are quite easy to diagnose, we would be able to tell you if you need calibration or not. We do our best to get the jobs done but there are factors which may also hinder in order for us to carry out the repairs.

Even if we've already calibrated your fuel injection system, we do not give guarantees that it will pass since the testing is once crucial part which many people still don't know how to carry out.

A regular poster of this board textd me one day asking if we were accredited. I said "no, not yet. Why? what seems to be the problem?". He goes, this PETC [Private Emission Testing Center] I've gone to doesn't know how to test for emissions. I said, Why so? Well, they floored my accelerator during the tests which would mean that my engine would really smoke, he said. I asked him, do you have a tach where you can read the rpm? He said, no, but i think i felt my engine go beyond the 3.5k rpm level. He added that the stepping was not according to standards since he noticed that they stepped on the accelerator like revving up for a drag race.

How I would love to be a PETC and a calibration shop at the same time but there is again a new rule which DOTC states, any emissions repair shops shall not be allowed / accredited to be a PETC. In short, calibration shops are not allowed to operate as PETC even as an entirely different company setup. People in government are so fickle minded!!

Doc Diesel

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well explained Doc. Now, can you please give us some kind of a procedure or tips to better prepare our diesel vehicles just before doing the emission testing. Will it be necessary to do the every 5,000 km service before the testing? Can we contest the results of this testing centers on what we feel an incorrect procedure? Please enlighten us. Salamat po.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Are there any procedures and standards that is available to the public :?: The sad thing is, most of you would agree, this might be another source of corruption for LTO and PETC personnel.

Does the law (Clean Air Act) have anything to prevent corruption in its implementation? This is the big question:?::?:

:cry::?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by InVitro25
    Well explained Doc. Now, can you please give us some kind of a procedure or tips to better prepare our diesel vehicles just before doing the emission testing. Will it be necessary to do the every 5,000 km service before the testing? Can we contest the results of this testing centers on what we feel an incorrect procedure? Please enlighten us. Salamat po.
    I strongly suggest the ff:

1. Have a "proper" tune-up.
    2. Change filters [oil, fuel and air] if needed. I presume you know how to determine if your filters need changing.
    3. Try to wash out with water your tail pipe before going there. Another alternative to this is the "gripo" thing in your exhaust manifold. While at it, try to pound your muffler for the excess carbon to come out.
    4. Kung mausok pa rin, have it checked by a reputable calibration workshop. ehem, ehem.

Bring the test procedure with you during the test and observe if they followed what was stated in the guidelines. If not, you can try to report them to DTI at btrcp*dti.gov.ph Make sure to get the details like PETC name, machine used, name of MVECT and PETC owner's name and your test results printed.

Ah teka, a digital cam would be nice. he he

Doc Diesel

Doc Diesel: Where's your shop?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir, s Hanson's place urs? So im assuming your Hanson? Wers urs shop in qc? Is it ok i drop by for a free diagnosis & estimate (note keyword: FREE :wink: ) Thanks man. I believe my bro, val, had it calibrated na there b4, he left the car with me when he left the country. Baka naka-warranty pa... hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Betan Calibration po yung kay Doc Diesel.

yung ke Hanson i think is Denso something.
    Signature

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
LTO Emissions Test & Calibration