New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks for the reply!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    An electronic throttle failure is unlikely. It's much more likely for your ignition coils or your cam-position / crank-angle sensors to give out and leave you completely stranded than it is for the ECT to fail...

Unintended Acceleration is pretty bogus. Even on an automatic car, you can slot into neutral with the engine racing. And even in the event of throttle failure, all ECT cars nowadays are programmed to disconnect the engine from the transmission when you step on the brakes.

Never experienced unintended acceleration with a cable-throttle car? Really? It's called getting the cable stuck. And that happens much much more often than ECT UIA.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Wow, nice to see this thread come to life again. Now that we got the ball rolling, i'd like to know anyone from Tsikot who have experienced a throttle failure in their DBW car (throttle motor failing, pedal sensor failure, etc and how much it cost to replace)

*SpeedyFix, can you provide any details on this one?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i see the failure most on xtrail dbw throttle bodies. not too much in toyotas except during ondoy.

on xtrails it's sometimes possible to reprogram the idle with the help of CONSULT software but not all the time lalo na if you move the throttle plate by hand.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Ah I've heard of some problems about this DBW throttle bodies also. My Aunt had a problem on DBW on their Benz C class, and AFAIK, one of Toyota's recall last year was due to a sensor of their DBW failing causing the butterfly to stick open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Longevity and Reliability of Drive By Wire Throttles