The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Nasa PAgawaan nanaman... For evaluation daw

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Yes, there is a warranty on your fuel tank since it came from Toyota's inventory and was installed with their mechanics.

I maybe wrong, but it looks like the dent came from the tank being bent. Just like if you bend a rain gutter, it may be improperly installed and is flexing together with the rest of the chassis.
    I experienced this mysterious dent thing and it leaks my gas tank, It was replaced by Insurance claim. My memory is telling me that I never hit any hard object underneath nor I hit a humps.

Common to us was, I do my PMS at Toyota Makati. I'm not telling it could be one of their lifters that hit my gas tank but it's a possibility.

I'm also thinking the same, the "strap design" is somewhat not correct. There are actually two straps, one strap is about 1/4 from the front and the other one is also about 1/4 from the end, but the rear side of the tank is thicker and descending as compared to the front side. So the fuel weight is more on the rear side. The HORIZONTAL dent seems to be caused by the downward force of the rear side and just like you said it was liken to a bended rain gutter.

Interesting to know that, there were no bracket support at the rear and front which should sustain any flexing of the gas tank body.

Guess what?, I installed a rigid tank cage/skid plates after the tank was replaced and yet there again the mysterious dent. Do I have to McGuyver again a rear and front tank support/bracket just because I always do full tanks?

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    I experienced this mysterious dent thing and it leaks my gas tank, It was replaced by Insurance claim. My memory is telling me that I never hit any hard object underneath nor I hit a humps.

Common to us was, I do my PMS at Toyota Makati. I'm not telling it could be one of their lifters that hit my gas tank but it's a possibility.

I'm also thinking the same, the "strap design" is somewhat not correct. There are actually two straps, one strap is about 1/4 from the front and the other one is also about 1/4 from the end, but the rear side of the tank is thicker and descending as compared to the front side. So the fuel weight is more on the rear side. The HORIZONTAL dent seems to be caused by the downward force of the rear side and just like you said it was liken to a bended rain gutter.

Interesting to know that, there were no bracket support at the rear and front which should sustain any flexing of the gas tank body.

Guess what?, I installed a rigid tank cage/skid plates after the tank was replaced and yet there again the mysterious dent. Do I have to McGuyver again a rear and front tank support/bracket just because I always do full tanks?
    pareho tayo ng iniisip... ksi yung leak nasaharap na strap and i notice the strap in front is not hugging the tank... as in pwede mo ipasok yung kamay mo in between the tank and the strap.
    Last edited by 1997; March 19th, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    pareho tayo ng iniisip... ksi yung leak nasaharap na strap and i notice the strap in front is not hugging the tank... as in pwede mo ipasok yung kamay mo in between the tank and the strap.
    Same position of the previous dent I have, pero grabe yang dent mo puede ipasok ang kamay? Pag walang dent, the straps hugs fit with the tank kasi, yan yung napansin ko ng pinalitan yung gas tank ko.

Ano yung sinsabi mong P3k na magagastos? Insurance claim ba yon?

Do you always do full tanks?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Here's my take on this: (Refer to the attached drawing)

The TS mentioned that one of the fuel support band is loose enough to allow one's hand/fingers to fit through (A). If that's the case, whenever the tank is heavy and while the vehicle is moving, the side of the tank with the loose band will tend to sag (B), and since the other end of the fuel tank is fitted tightly so as not to allow movement (C), it will cause buckling (D) around the center of the tank.

This is clearly a workmanship issue or a factory defect. The dent is most likely caused by buckling, especially if there are no gashes or scratches on the surface of the dent. Demand for warranty replacement.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Same position of the previous dent I have, pero grabe yang dent mo puede ipasok ang kamay? Pag walang dent, the straps hugs fit with the tank kasi, yan yung napansin ko ng pinalitan yung gas tank ko.

Ano yung sinsabi mong P3k na magagastos? Insurance claim ba yon?

Do you always do full tanks?
    Yap 3k kasi yung participation... once a week mga Php1000 of xcs more or less... almost full tank...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

The TS mentioned that one of the fuel support band is loose enough to allow one's hand/fingers to fit through (A). If that's the case, whenever the tank is heavy and while the vehicle is moving, the side of the tank with the loose band will tend to sag (B), and since the other end of the fuel tank is fitted tightly so as not to allow movement (C), it will cause buckling (D) around the center of the tank.
    It wasn't loose because it was originally loose, it was loose because of the dent. The dent causes the gas tank floor to push upward just beneath the strap and that where TS says he can slip his hand in between.

Originally the straps with rubber padding hugs the gas tank floor perfectly without any gaps.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

This is clearly a workmanship issue or a factory defect. The dent is most likely caused by buckling, especially if there are no gashes or scratches on the surface of the dent. Demand for warranty replacement.
    Ayaw nila claim as waranty... kasi daw may dent... and as soon as na touch na ng gas any portion of the exterior of the tank natutuklap.. Useless... sana masunog nalang yung oto sa loob ng Toyota... They will just say sir Nalubak kayo malamang... Sabi ko nga yung Sentra ko nakalowered hindi naman gumagasgas yan pang innova... Same route every day...

Baka may taga toyota na nagbabasa ng thread na toh... Pu___ng _N_ kayo... hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Yap 3k kasi yung participation... once a week mga Php1000 of xcs more or less... almost full tank...
    I'm leaning toward the idea that the gas tank weight causes the dent. There's bracket at the rear end of the gas tank where much of the fuel weight concentrates.

I have the tank cage/skid plates fitted underneath so there's no way it will be hit by something to cause the horizontal dent.

I'll try to solicit full evaluation of this case at TMBC if I have time this weekend or maybe next week.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    I'm leaning toward the idea that the gas tank weight causes the dent. There's bracket at the rear end of the gas tank where much of the fuel weight concentrates.

I have the tank cage/skid plates fitted underneath so there's no way it will be hit by something to cause the horizontal dent.

I'll try to solicit full evaluation of this case at TMBC if I have time this weekend or maybe next week.
    sana magawan ng paraan... or elsa were going to sell the Innova.... ganda pa naman ng performance... Sayang...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Innova Gas tank Leak