New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    On the 200t kmg PMS check... I was sent this quotation / service estimate by a Toyota Service / Dealer..

part of that estimate was for
    GASKET CYLINDER
    4 pipes
    Gas Filter

Ang pagka paliwanag sa akin.. kaya daw kailangan ito.. ay dahil may signs na daw na may tulo ng oil sa engine bay... hindi naman ito engine overhaul... just had to replace cylinder gasket .. I don't know the difference between an overhaul and a gasket cylinder replacement.. although I feel na pareho sila may relationship w/ cylinder and gaskets...

the pipes naman are there daw since palitin na rin.. pipes i believe are the pipes where the diesel fuel goes through from the fuel pump (or injection pump) into the cylinder para ma burn yung fuel...

what do you guys think? is there a reliable 3rd party shop outside that can also do this work? parts wise I think mabibili naman ito sa suking Banawe shop...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The valve cover gasket is just the gasket on top of the engine, which is subject to wear and tear also when the valve cover is removed. It's not an overhaul if you have to replace that as it's as simple as removing the valve cover and swapping gaskets. Normally an overhaul happens when you have major leaks and compression loss and this involves bringing down the engine and replacing all your gaskets (cylinder head, seals, etc.) and possibly your piston rings.

As for the 'pipes", if there's nothing wrong with your EFI system and you change your fuel filters as specified then don't bother with it anymore i'd suppose.

For a parts store, look up Toyorama in Banawe and give them a call. They're located near e. Rod.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Possible ba na pag palit ng gasket cover "makita" nila na need na rin overhaul? Or there should be other signs and symptoms pointing to an overhaul?

Is there a relliable shop that can be recommended that can do this type of job outside of casa?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually the first sign you may need an overhaul is the loss of oil in the engine. Best way to check also is to have a compression test done.

As for a shop to do the job, you can try the usual Serivteks, Speedyfix, etc. or a diesel shop (Malabon diesel?).

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Usually the first sign you may need an overhaul is the loss of oil in the engine. Best way to check also is to have a compression test done.

As for a shop to do the job, you can try the usual Serivteks, Speedyfix, etc. or a diesel shop (Malabon diesel?).
    sa casa kasi.. for those parts pa lang... mahigit 10k na ang estimate.. di pa kasama labor...

last time they recommended some replacement of suspension parts.. parts estimate alone added upto about 20k.. when I had it done at SuspensionHaus (as recommended in a separate thread here).. ang laki ng natipid ko.. dipala talaga lahat ng nilista ng casa ay dapat palitan...

so I was hoping I could take the Innova for a 2nd opinion elsewhere..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    madali lang naman i DIY ang valve cover gasket replacement. palagay ko, di lalagpas ng 500 petot ang gasket. im sure ang mga stand-by mechanic sa mga auto supply, less than 200 petot, ok na dyan, kung ipakabit mo sa kanila.