New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    car is a lancer itlog EL model.

Here's the thing i noticed with the ride. Bagong tune-up lang yung ride including carb cleaning, new plugs and oil.

When the air-con is off and is not engaged yet, mataas ang idle speed nya though i dont have a tach, dinig mo mataas talaga. But when the aircon is on and engages, tama na ang idling speed nya. again, based lang sa nadidinig ko. Pero madali naman ma discern yung mataas sa mababang idling.

what seems to be the problem here?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I think masyadong mataas nga idling yan. We also have the Lancer EL. When the car is idling, tama lang ang idling speed then when you turn on the A/C, tataas ng konti ang idling speed to compensate for the need of power for the A/C. Try to check the "Idle Up" switch.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yeah.. noticed that na mataas nga. alam ko kasi, di naman talaga mataas ang idle, tumataas lang ito once the a/c is on.

ok, noted na yang idle up switch.. is it the same as the servo? actually, the car can still be used but the high idling results to a poor mileage.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yun nga eh. Bad trip nga ako sa Lancer namin kse ang lakas lumamon ng gas. Gusto ko nga sanang pa-tignan baka kulang lang sa tamang tune up. Ako lang kse nag papalit ng spark plugs nito eh. BTW, sa kapatid ko yung Lancer. Ginagamit ko lang pag weekend. Feeling ko, tamang tune up lang kailangan nating pareho. San location mo? Taga-Makati ako pare.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Valenzuela aku pare pero manila based dahil nag-aaral. Maybe silip kami kay raymond sarrol ba yun? oki daw yun eh. but still, i want to confirm pa sa problema ng auto. :D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i don't know about lancers, but on my sentra, there is a white plastic knob at the back of the carb, between the carb and the firewall that contols the idle. clockwise to increase opposite to decrease idle. may be different for different cars.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I had the same problem with my 92 Sentra..without a/c, my idle was fine..between 500 n 1000rpms. Then when i turned on the a/c, it would drop to 500..or lower than 500! n then sometimes while im driving with the a/c on, my car would stall, A/T pa ito. So, i would never use my a/c kasi, i stall..n my RPMs would go down too much. Putcha, i took it back to my mechanic n told him to fix that. So right now its fine. I guess u just have to find the perfect tuning for the idle, so that the car's idle is fine with the a/c on n a/c off.

Then another time, like u said, my idle without the a/c was about.. 1000RPMs plus. then when the a/c is on, it would go down n be fine. i guess they were trying to compensate the idle with the a/c on. I've had so many problems with my idle, but, finally its perfect.

Hopefully ur problem gets fixed. just take it back to the mechanic n tell them about your problem, n that you didnt have that problem before u took it to them.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    have your servo checked. or maybe throttle cleaning?

try speedyfix (santolan). search for his contact number here in tsikot.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros
    I had the same problem with my 92 Sentra..without a/c, my idle was fine..between 500 n 1000rpms. Then when i turned on the a/c, it would drop to 500..or lower than 500! n then sometimes while im driving with the a/c on, my car would stall, A/T pa ito. So, i would never use my a/c kasi, i stall..n my RPMs would go down too much. Putcha, i took it back to my mechanic n told him to fix that. So right now its fine. I guess u just have to find the perfect tuning for the idle, so that the car's idle is fine with the a/c on n a/c off.

Then another time, like u said, my idle without the a/c was about.. 1000RPMs plus. then when the a/c is on, it would go down n be fine. i guess they were trying to compensate the idle with the a/c on. I've had so many problems with my idle, but, finally its perfect.

Hopefully ur problem gets fixed. just take it back to the mechanic n tell them about your problem, n that you didnt have that problem before u took it to them.

KrisKros, bro, the setting to adjust for the idleup for the aircon is separate/different from the one for the engine idle.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    peeps especially KrisKros and Zman, in sentra do you have any idea how much an "idle up" (white plastic knob ) would cost? a brand new or a surplus one? is it true that this "idle up" got worn-out in years time? Im currently having the same problem like kriskros experienced but the mechanic told me to replace it. Thanks bro for the advise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
idling problem