New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oikim View Post
    kung pwede sana fc na 10-11kms.by the way,im a former user of vti 96.dun kaya ang 10-11.medyo nanghihinayang nga ako nung nabenta ang vti.i thought kc mas makakatipid ako sa corolla.why some corolla users claim 12-14kms per liter?is this true?whats d perfect formula?
    Baka naka-4AFE yan.

2E ko nakaka-9km/L nalang. Minsan 7. Hahaha.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    please help my corolla xe pag naka aircon on morning and afternoon ok ndi namamatay engine but pag nightime with ac and headlight on namamatay na po.!please help what could be the problem? i have check and tune the carb newly tune up and specially mga spark plugs ko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver1432000 View Post
    Hi jehodl,
    Let me answer your questions:

1. In a carburator, there are two (2) adjusting screws. First is the IDLE SPEED SCREW, and the second is the IDLE MIXTURE SCREW. The IDLE SPEED SCREW is found near the accelerator cable. It controls the intake of air. The IDLE MIXTURE SCREW is found on the base of the carb. This screw has a spring wrapped around it. It controls the fuel intake, whether you want it rich or lean mixture. To adjust the IDLE MIXTURE is turn the screw clockwise until it stops. Then, turn counter-clockwise minimum of 2 turns, max of 3 turns. Start with 2 turns counter-clockwise. If engine hesitates, make it 2 1/2 turns, then adjust the IDLE SPEED SCREW to attain the 800rpm standard by turning clockwise or counter-clockwise.
    Hello po. By tightening the screw means leaning the mixture and by loosening means to make the mixture rich tama ba? Also, how to make sure kung sagad na ung screw? Dapat b halos nakadikit na ung head ng screw sa carb body and ipit na ipit na ung spring? I can still turn it by hand kc pero nag-aalala ako baka sobra na pala.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
idle mixture adjustment for 2e corolla lovelife