New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello tsikoteers, just want to ask if what could be the possible culprit when the rpm is dropping whenever the car is in free wheeling mode?

Ride is honda 92 / PH12 engine / MT. Any response will be highly appreciated. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When the car is at standstill, the idle is also too low? How about when the car is just started (cold start)? That's a carburetor engine right? Simple idle and A/F adjustments won't cure it?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    When the car is at standstill, the idle is also too low?
    No sir. The rpm is stable and steady at 800 while idle

How about when the car is just started (cold start)?
    Ive been having a cold start issue for the past months, but literally, just a cold start (or in every morning) cause once the engine starts, it will be just one click all throughout out the day.

That's a carburetor engine right?
    Yes

[QUOTE=vinj;2226119Simple idle and A/F adjustments won't cure it?[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmmm, the carb was already overhauled by the experts in kamuning so I think it was properly handled.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Looks likes you have an engine Timing problem. Pa check mo Timing ng engine and be sure that small vacuum hose from carburator was connected properly to distributor vacuum advance diaphragm ( Flying saucer ).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I also have this intermittent problem on my 04 civic vtec. Any idea on what might be the problem?

Idle drops too low at high speeds when free wheeling