New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Any help?
    my nissan exalta GS ave a RPM problem. it started when i overhauled the radiator! the prob is when it goes to Drive shift the RPM abruptly down to 650:

P:N = 850 RPM
    D = sudden 650 RPM
    engine start = up to 1100 RPM then back to 850
    AC on = RPM does not change

i already send it to the mechanic and cleaned the throttle, the problem still exist

any help please!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    eh guy's anu ideal rpm ng 92 civic lx carb engine?yung lx ko kc aircon off 800-900rpm,aircon on 900-1000?ok lng ba yun?tnx..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ftgarcia26 View Post
    Any help?
    my nissan exalta GS ave a RPM problem. it started when i overhauled the radiator! the prob is when it goes to Drive shift the RPM abruptly down to 650:

P:N = 850 RPM
    D = sudden 650 RPM
    engine start = up to 1100 RPM then back to 850
    AC on = RPM does not change

i already send it to the mechanic and cleaned the throttle, the problem still exist

any help please!!!
    If you're in Manila, take your car to SpeedyFix in Mandaluyong (http://www.speedyfixph.com/). Tell Migs (the proprietor) about the problem. The guys who overhauled your radiator may have forgotten to reconnect a vital sensor underneath the engine. You can always go back to the same shop but I would prefer to take it to SpeedyFix instead for a better analysis.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hyblaxx_24 View Post
    eh guy's anu ideal rpm ng 92 civic lx carb engine?yung lx ko kc aircon off 800-900rpm,aircon on 900-1000?ok lng ba yun?tnx..
    Ideal idling rpm would be 750-850. With aircon it should be the same since there is an actuator that automatically raises or lowers the engine rpm. If your engine idles around 1000 (with or w/out aircon), then you are wasting fuel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
ideal rpm setting while idle