New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    12:1 has a higher compression ratio than 8:1. (12 volumes of air compressed into 1 vs 8 volumes of air compressed into 1)
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto ang alam ko ah para mapa andar mo ang isang diesel engine kailangan may diesel fuel ang tank mo then start it presto!!!! ehehhehhe :mrgreen:

dyok lang po peeeps :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gestapo::: pay more attention when in school! Physics yan.

tabats::: pare scientist ka pala :D

hboy, rsnald::: hindi po atoms ang kinocompress dito :D Atoms are incompressible. Hard to explain here :D Boyle's Law should explain all of that :D

Bagsak po ako ng Thermody1 so dont take my word for it :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well.. i guess not the atoms but teh space the atoms occupy.. the lessening of teh space increases teh movement and banging of the atoms creating the heat needed for the explosion when the gas molecules start to mix with teh air molecules.... i think.. ehehhe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    gestapo::: pay more attention when in school! Physics yan.
    wala pa po kaming physics. general science pa lang po kami :D 4th year pa po yan :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang galing, na-gets ko din sa wakas. pasensya na po, 1990s pa kasi ako huling pumasok sa classroom e

so that's why diesel engines are said to be more sturdy than gasoline engines, cuz of the greater compression that goes on inside them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how diesel engines work