New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Mga bros, what oil do you recommend for a Civic 2002 lxi? I bought it 2nd hand kasi. I need to have the oil changed na. I lost the number of the old owner kasi hehe. Is 1 gallon enough?

Also, ok ba to have it serviced sa Servitek? It's nearest our house kasi.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just use full synthetic para sure ka. that will last you for another 10K for the next change oil. normally it's 4 liters but not sure on civic capacity.servitek will be more than capable for this job. don't forget to change oil filter & spark plug as well. do check all belts & brake pads to make sure since you just got the car without history.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kahit anong brand ng engine oil pwede lagay sa oto natin basta wag lang masyado makapal viscosity. any shop can do an oil change, servitek is ok. kung gusto mo DIY pa kung tipid mode.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by giansweet View Post
    Mga bros, what oil do you recommend for a Civic 2002 lxi? I bought it 2nd hand kasi. I need to have the oil changed na. I lost the number of the old owner kasi hehe. Is 1 gallon enough?

Also, ok ba to have it serviced sa Servitek? It's nearest our house kasi.

Thanks!
    for civic lxi, it consumes around 3.5 liters, so 1 galon will be sufficient.
    i dont recommend fully synth this time. go for semi synth. baka galing mineral yung dating langis nyan.

on your next oil change ka na lang gumamit ng fully synth. ok dyan sa servitek, they use mobil oil.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    at 875 for a whole set including oil, filter, labor, and 20 pt check... the casa oil change promo is hard to beat. they use 10w-30 mineral. the viscosity spread alone will tell you it's a good quality oil (never ever run 20w-50, its too thick and they are cheap for a reason).

and at 875... kahit palitan mo every 2 months pwede kada every other sahod. may 1 hour guarantee pa. do remember to have the SA note down anything he finds sa 20 pt. checkup... yun ang pwede mo pagawa sa servitek.

i'm not a fan of servitek though. there are lots of other places to get a good oil change.

sa banawe, the cheapest mineral that's NOT 20w-50 costs 800/gallon. magnatec is good.

don't go full synthetic muna... observe the car for awhile muna. mamya pala nyan mak malakas na tulo sa gaskets... pag pinagawa mo yun usually the tech will recommend a changeoil... sayang naman yung mahal na fully sythetic.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i think servitek uses a/c delco products kung di ako nagkakamali.

the choice is really up to you though, proximity, etc all play a factor in where you have the work done.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    at 875 for a whole set including oil, filter, labor, and 20 pt check... the casa oil change promo is hard to beat. they use 10w-30 mineral. the viscosity spread alone will tell you it's a good quality oil (never ever run 20w-50, its too thick and they are cheap for a reason).

and at 875... kahit palitan mo every 2 months pwede kada every other sahod. may 1 hour guarantee pa. do remember to have the SA note down anything he finds sa 20 pt. checkup... yun ang pwede mo pagawa sa servitek.

i'm not a fan of servitek though. there are lots of other places to get a good oil change.

sa banawe, the cheapest mineral that's NOT 20w-50 costs 800/gallon. magnatec is good.

don't go full synthetic muna... observe the car for awhile muna. mamya pala nyan mak malakas na tulo sa gaskets... pag pinagawa mo yun usually the tech will recommend a changeoil... sayang naman yung mahal na fully sythetic.
    meron pa rin ba casa oil change at Php 875 ngayon?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sirs, anu ba fuel consumption ng 2002 nyo, sakin parang 5.5 l/km lang. iit seems na may problema ang preno ko, wala pa kalahati para ng ipinako.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Bro, find an oil with CI-4/SL rating... maximum protection and longevity for your engine...
    i suggest you read the thread at

http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel.../index211.html

http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...2/index24.html

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Bro, find an oil with CI-4 / SL rating... that oil will provide you with the best protection and engine longevity...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic 2002 lxi - Oil change