New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    the hks muffler comes with the car I bought second hand, I'm mostly in city driving, house to office, so I prefer an almost silent setup like a stock muffler sound ..

If I reinstall the stock muffler without a resonator, will it still be loud ???it will be silent during idling like a low humming tone but it will sound horrible above 3000 rpm

If installing a fabricated resonator sacrifice the top power, does it mean a stock size resonator will not ?? stock resonator is more restricted than the fabricated one, so using the stock resonator will do more damage

Will this setup also sacrifice top power ???

Stock resonator + stock muffler = ????best for daily/city driving
    Stock resonator + HKS = ??? restricted
    Custom resonator + HKS = ???? less restricted compared above
    if i were you, basing from your comment above, i'll trade the HKS muffler and have my exhaust system back to stock. it will have better low end torque, meaning less fuel to burn to make your car move = better fuel mileage.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    if i were you, basing from your comment above, i'll trade the HKS muffler and have my exhaust system back to stock. it will have better low end torque, meaning less fuel to burn to make your car move = better fuel mileage.
    what do you mean by your answer in stock resonator + hks = RESTRICTIVE ???? is restrictive bad for the power & fuel consumption ???
    if a custom resonator + hks = LESS restrictive, does this mean it will have the same fuel power & fuel consumption with a stock resonator + stock muffler ???

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    if i remember it right, the stock resonator is almost 12 inches in body length with 1.5" size inlet pipe.

restricted exhaust flow with less ability to suppress exhaust noise compared to the 24" body length with 2" or larger than your current exhaust pipe size.

note: if your happy with the top end power of your current setup, do not reinstall the resonator. the fabricated resonator will improve low to mid power but will sacrifice a little at the top.
    if the stock resonator is restricted than the 24" custom made, does it mean than its more thrifty in fuel consumption ??? does the longer 24" custom made increases fuel consumption than a stock resonator ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12