New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 141 to 150 of 150
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,921
    #141
    LOL. taga tulak ng Pertua yan. even in the facebook groups there are lots of people trying to promote pertua. i.e. click farm

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    612
    #142
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I tried it on 2 of my former rides, a 2010 hyundai grand starex and a 2012 kia sorento crdi. BOTH OF THEM SUFFERED FROM LOWER POWER AND LOWER FUEL EFFICIENCY. BAGSAK ANG FUEL ECONOMY KO BY AS MUCH AS 25%. and it took at least 2 oil changes for the fuel economy to go back to normal.
    Logically i believe it will be the effect. I believed pertua is a thickening oil additives... Thats why it makes engine silent.. More cushion on metal to metal contacts. And i beleived it will improve power and consumption on worn out engine. Bec it might lessen the big tolerances from worn out parts... But for new engine especially now... The tolerances has improved a lot thru computer machineries... Such that the manufacturer recommends thinner oil on both gas and diesel engine.. My nv350 and montero recommends 5w 30... Even my motorcycle does... When the oil is thick it will be silent bec of cushioning.. But it will be less power and less efficient... Mabigat icirculate ang heavy oil than thinner oil... :sometimes the pertua agent are so dissapointing... Giving false info regarding their product...i was dissapointed when they say its ok to put in in wet clutch bike... Which manufacturer warns against friction modifier that might result i clutch slippage... They dont know what wet clutch is... And for those who is notknowledable about their bike or cars may end up a disaster...

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,677
    #143
    Quote Originally Posted by boybit View Post
    Logically i believe it will be the effect. I believed pertua is a thickening oil additives... Thats why it makes engine silent.. More cushion on metal to metal contacts. And i beleived it will improve power and consumption on worn out engine. Bec it might lessen the big tolerances from worn out parts... But for new engine especially now... The tolerances has improved a lot thru computer machineries... Such that the manufacturer recommends thinner oil on both gas and diesel engine.. My nv350 and montero recommends 5w 30... Even my motorcycle does... When the oil is thick it will be silent bec of cushioning.. But it will be less power and less efficient... Mabigat icirculate ang heavy oil than thinner oil... :sometimes the pertua agent are so dissapointing... Giving false info regarding their product...i was dissapointed when they say its ok to put in in wet clutch bike... Which manufacturer warns against friction modifier that might result i clutch slippage... They dont know what wet clutch is... And for those who is notknowledable about their bike or cars may end up a disaster...
    its a viscosity modifier.. not healthy for today's current engines

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    612
    #144
    I believe in new engine pertua does not help.. But rather harm if it makes your oil thicker... It might have oil starvation on very tight tolerance parts...

    My understanding of multigrade oil is that the base oil the true viscosity of the oil... It adds V. I. OR VISCOSITY IMPROVER... to make it performs thicker when the oil is hot... And the one that degrades due usage is the v. I. That means a 5w40.. Will become 5w30.. 5w20... Until it willreturn to 5.... The sludge eventually build up because the oil is damaged by foreign chemical reaction such as condensation of burning fuels... Impurities of air... As well as impurities of oil are burned up...


    This where f synthetic oil advantage of... Oil impurities are lesser because of distilling... Hydrocracking to such molecules are linear than mineral... This process is has more durable
    V. I... It is morw tolerant to heat and shear


    A good thin oil is better... Because oil will circualte much faster in cold start up... Thats the highest
    Engine wear we could get... Actually when the engine is in good condition the metal to metal contact is almost non existance...
    Due to the oil film that lies between two engine parts... Like water on the road causes hyroplaning on our tires..

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    612
    #145
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its a viscosity modifier.. not healthy for today's current engines
    V. I. Is always present on all multigrade oil
    Im not sure if pertua is v. I .... But if it makes the engine silent then it makes the oil thicker... And if it is a friction modifier..it might cause problems on wet clutches
    Adding pertua to used oil is much more persuading than adding to new oil if it is a v. I. Because its replenish thw used oil v. I..... But adding to the new oil might cause unpleasant and unregulated oil viscosity... It might exceed your viscosity requirements during its operating temp and might cause oil starvation on parts that have very low tolerances..


    If it claims to cling on the metal then that is good for engine in start up situation thus prolong its life... Because we all know that cold starting is the one that shorten engine life

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,677
    #146
    toyota and other manufacturers already did the lubrication reseaech.. no need to guess engineer guess oil analysis. follow their oil change intervals.

  7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    65
    #147
    I will try this Pertua to our old mitsu 78.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    612
    #148
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    toyota and other manufacturers already did the lubrication reseaech.. no need to guess engineer guess oil analysis. follow their oil change intervals.
    I think toyota oil is made by caltex havoline... Whi h is a good oil... 5w 30 oil is an energy conserving oil... You will notice improve fc as well improved power... But if you drive in traffic in m. M. You wont notice

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    612
    #149
    Quote Originally Posted by mongze View Post
    I will try this Pertua to our old mitsu 78.
    Srock pa? Or overhauled na?... If newly overhauled dont use it...

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,973
    #150
    Quote Originally Posted by mongze View Post
    I will try this Pertua to our old mitsu 78.
    Bro- I am not recommending this....

    I used this on my box type lancer more than a decade ago...

    Nag-blow-by ang makina!!!

    Sobrang dulas e....

    Just use the regular engine oil... Should be enough protection.


Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Is this the highly acclaimed Pertua engine additive?