New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    My clutch just quit on me and when I tried to check the thingy where you put the break fluid DOT3 (Just near the break fluid canister thingy), it's empty!!!!

Only question I have is can I put some fluid and maybe drive it back home? I really don't have the money yet to have this fixed.

Though can you guys tell me the estimate of how much I'll be needing to shell out for this?

I've checked the bottom part of my dash where my steering wheel is and I didn't see or feel (yeah, I've touched it too) any leaks. However, I tried to inspect the part where the master clutch thingy goes and I did see a leak (not sure if that's where it came from though)

But bottom line is, will I be able to drive it home just by refilling the clutch thingy by DOT3 Break Fluid?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    I'm pretty sure, that not having brake fluid won't cause your clutch to quit on you. This one I'm not too sure about, but not having brake fluid won't leave you stranded. If it's empty, just top it off for now with the right brake fluid for your car, and once you're able to, have your car checked.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Why not try refilling then check the rate of leak.
    If you are lucky, maybe it will last for a month before an empty reservoir.
    Or maybe youll be needing a gallon of dot3 in your journey to the shop.

If the brake cylinder rubbers are worn, you could have it replaced at the nearest auto shop.
    aisin or seikin clutch cylinder plunger repair kit is less than P 1k last time i checked.