New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Need some advise regarding the car I'm using, ayaw mag-start pag malamig. The problem first set-in when I went on an uphill then it suddenly lost power, it's as if it's being starved of fuel (I just had it gassed up), I pulled over and let the engine run, so it's running on idle, and dies when I press the gas pedal, btw, I'm outside the country and using a Proton Gen2 with EFI and drive-by-wire throttle control, pansin ko lang, pag inapakan ang gas namamatay, but if it's left on idle while the engine is hot, it keeps on running, release the clutch bit-by-bit then it starts rolling and sustains 1000rpm, it revs(without pressing the gas pedal) to 2,000-2500rpm when the clutch is pressed as it is sustaining 1000rpm when the engine is loaded, the next day when I tried starting it, ayaw na umandar, ano kaya problema nu'n?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    bro kailangan nyan makunan ng trouble codes. at fuel pressure para ma identify natin ang causes ng engine stalling. san ba location mo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you checked the fuel filters (in-tank filter too) and the air filter if they are blocked and need replacing?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    signs of a clogged fuel filter, or a clogged fuel line.
    If the car is carb type, check also the fuel bowl inside the carb for sediments.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah yeah yun nga rin ang suspetsa ko eh, pero dumadaloy yung fuel all the way sa makina, bumobomba yung fuel pump, lose compression daw :s 7,6,6,4 ang compression reading ng hole 1,2,3,4 respectively, pero 'di naman nausok yung auto :-s.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    ah yeah yun nga rin ang suspetsa ko eh, pero dumadaloy yung fuel all the way sa makina, bumobomba yung fuel pump, lose compression daw :s 7,6,6,4 ang compression reading ng hole 1,2,3,4 respectively, pero 'di naman nausok yung auto :-s.
    kung confirm na loose compression ang makina dapat alamin kung dahil ba sa piston rings or leaky valves. The best way is to do a leak test of all cylinders. If leak tester is not available, subukan lagyan ng kunting langis ang piston rings via spark plug holes, kunti lang na sapat sa tagiliran ng rings. Ang kunting langis will help seal between rings and liner. Pag nag improve ang compression pressure ibig sabihin may problema ang piston rings, kung hindi naman eh leaky valves ang dahilan. My thought.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the info, I learned something new . Thanks for the responses