New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Newbie po ako. Tanong ko lang po kung me paraan on how to reduce the noise of the engine of my Isuzu Crosswind XUVi without sacrificing the performance? puwede po bang lagyan ng resonator ito parang yung sa kotse? tulong lang po.salamat! :worried:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    talagang maingay ang diesel engines. mas-maingay kung direct-injection engine (versus one that has pre-combustion chamber). remember that diesel engines have very high compression ratio.

however, you can reduce the noise inside the cabin by installing sound proofing materials. a combination of bitumen materials (dynamat or wurth) plus foam sound deadener (wurth sound foam) along the firewall, doors, floor, ceiling will do the trick.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm with woodfire on that one. Use combinations of materials to reduce both noise and dampen vibrations.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganyan talaga kaingay ang Isuzu engines, they run on timing chains, unlike Toyota & Mitsubishi (Hino) diesels use timing belts. While Nissan's timing gears is sandwiched between the two.

Just follow woodfire's sound deadening advices to make up for the noise and engine heat. :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    dear guys -- in connection with this thread, may recommended shop ba kayo (preferably makati area if possible only) para sa pag install ng mga sound deadening mats and foams?

yung shop na alam na alam yung pajero TDIC gen 2 at reasonable ang price

magkano kaya ang aabuting gastos para mag pa full insulation?

enk u enk u :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normally, audio shops carry those sound proofing mats.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    benderbot, you can DIY installing the insulation materials. What I did to my pajero was to hire somebody knowledgeable to take out the dashboard, sidings, and seats. I used self adhesive bitumin of Wurth (for vibration), then installed the sound insulation foam of Wurth which is also self adhesive. It took me two days to complete the job.

But if you really want a shop, I can recommend Mickey's AutoSound. Call na lang sa 240-4651. They use Dynamat materials.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    maraming salamat po mga bossing sa mga reply nyo. at least ngayon may idea na ako.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i believe the isuzu 4ja1 engine nakakabit sa mga crosswinds are timing gears, no belts or chains. That's what isuzu told me when I wanted to send my fuego and highlander to the casa for the typical 100K timing belt/chain checkup/replacement.

How about drowning out the engine noise with a good sound system?:D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    altec: a good insulated car (with soundproofing materials) can attenuate a cabin interior and results to an increase in sound system performance, a quiet cabin needs at least 100W LESS power compared to the same car with more noise... ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help on diesel engine noise