New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kia Rio?

2 inches isn't really optimal for a 1.4, but if that's stock size, I suggest you stick to that.

The best upgrade for a Kia Rio is a surplus Kia Carens 2.0 diesel engine.

Failing that, mags with better tires are a must. The Rio's stock tires are pure crud. Stiffer shocks would also be nice, but those would be hard to find, locally.

If your current exhaust manifold (header) carries your catalytic converter, that's all that's keeping you from losing exhaust velocity. You might find that with a scavenger-type exhaust and a performance header, your car will sound poppy, sputtery and will not drive well at all at low rpms.

The better set-up would be to have performance headers, leave the stock 2" midpipe, and replace the muffler with a freer flowing one. Then change the intake out for a K&N head. You're done. If you want extra kick after that, get a piggyback performance computer, like an S-AFC or a Unichip. For 20-30k pesos, that'll add another 10-15 hp to the car. Beyond that, you're looking at expensive mods for little gain. Either you go full turbo (about 150k) or full naturally-aspirated (with cams, camgears, high-comp pistons... about 200k).

But really, the first thing you should consider is whether your brakes and tires can cope with more power. Do the simple stuff, then upgrade your car's handling.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thank you... Im gonna call Muffler land na gagawan na nila ko ng flange kasi wala pa sila katulad sa car ko, full stainless na ko from headers to my scuv para maganda nmn itsura and hopefully my performance gain na maganda.. wag lang loss ng power..

so ung 4 tubes ng headers 2inches ba un? going down pababa? magsasama sila.. 4-2-1 pala kukunin, compatible nmn sa scav ko db?

after nito mags nmn 15's with 50 series tyres, kasi babagal daw pag malaking rims..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    may tanung po ako mainit daw po ung stainless steel na headers? at minsan na bibitak dahil mas brittle sya kaysa sa aluminized?

anyone?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    huhuhu nalaman ko na hindi pala stainless ung flange sa mufflerland pagnagpagawa ka sa kanila

sino paba nakaka gawa ng mandrelbent na stainless steel lahat including flange?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The flange is okay. It's so thick that it won't likely rust through.

Stainless is durable enough as a pipe. It'll let through more heat than your stock exhaust manifold, but so will an iron header, as both are much thinner than the stock one.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    may dillema parin po ako di ko alam kung alin ba mas nararapat kung ung aluminized headers at 6,8k or ung stainless headers at 13,5k? sa tingin nio guys tatagal naman ung aluminized db? huhuhu.... nasira daw bender nila for stainless sabi sakin, ung sa HP racing nmn ang layo po hassle po para sakin.. pero nagawa din daw sila ng headers...

no choice kundi mag aluminized nalang ako.. cnu po naka aluminized d2? panget ba sya? anu kaya pwede cover nun ung thermal paint? sana ung hindi na ngingitim... panget daw pag thermal wrap mabilis ma wear ung headers mo...

Sir niky anu po headers nio stainless po ba?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Stainless. I personally feel it's worth the extra money to put something in the engine bay that looks good. I've been there, done that... went the cheap route before, and got sick of iron and aluminized... they always look like crap after a few years... even if you paint them.

Theoretically, thermal wrap will decrease the life of your headers, but I have yet to meet anyone not driving a 10,000 rpm racing car who's had a header fail because of thermal wrap...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    huhuhu... baka mag Aluminized nalang muna ako bibili pa kasi ako ng rims huhuhu... pag pumanget na ung headers ko na aluminized or nasira tsaka ko nlng papa stainless atleast may na ipon na ulit ako nun.. ngayon palang naman ako mag momods... haay.. pero proud ako kasi dugot pawis ko lahat to from car to mods, hindi COD (care of daddy) or COM (care of mommy) hehehe..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mga sir, newbie po on car modding.. actually ala pa talagang na gawang mod sa car...

question ko po, ok pa rin po ba na mag 4-2-1 tapos ung three way catalyst is connected pa rin? parang ganito..
    (i mean is it still worth magheaders? plan ko gamitin lang ung existing CAT)

i'm getting confused kc if magpaheaders or not... kc ayaw ko na mawalan ng cat converter ung car...

2005 Nissan Sentra N16 GS A/T 1.6 QG16DE

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First of all, your A/T would negate most of your gains with the headers.

Anyway, you can have the headers and reposition the catalytic converter further down the line. The catalytic would still function but light-off would be delayed somewhat.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Headers po!