New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the replies guys. Actually, I haven't bought one yet. Besides, I asked for a documented dyno results to support their powergain claims, but they couldn't provide one so FORGET IT! Ok lang sana na walang ititipid sa gas basta they can support their claim na may substantial power gains like that of nitrous dyno results kaso wala.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I'm reluctant to post any pics or literature of the device unless they'll pay me to do so. It works like an "electronic nitrous" daw by converting certain amount of atmospheric air into nitrous oxide through "mini electrical storms". According to them, the amount of converted nitrous is so little to damage an engine (so no need for solenoids and/or separate fuel supply line or nozzles) but quite enough to effect noticeable gains in torque and power. The problem is, wala silang maipakita na documented claim nila. Dyno testing is one definitive way to show what the device got.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    This information I got from my mechanic-friend....

If you want to install a fuel saving device, you'll need a vehicle with an engine displacement above 3000 cc. Fuel gains will be close to what the device is claiming. Any engine lower than that displacement, you're better off without it.

Its better to practice driving techniques that can help save you fuel rather than make a frankenstein out of your ride and end up crying for help in the end.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BIKEMAN View Post
    It works like an "electronic nitrous" daw by converting certain amount of atmospheric air into nitrous oxide through "mini electrical storms".
    if that device really converts air into nitrous oxide, I bet it will make your engine hotter.

but I don't think that gadget can create NOx.

though a high compression engine can actually create NOx during the high temperature combustion process...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I dont beleive in those gadgets and their claims.

As a diesel engine enthusiast, i have only one suggestion.

IMPROVE ENGINE BREATHING.

Clean air filters as often as possible.

Avoid any air flow restriction.

The colder air that goes in the engine the better the combustion.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I could be wrong, that gadget could create NOx pala...

but NOx is a useless environment hazard combustion...

it's N2O these gadgets are claiming. that I doubt...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Buy those fuel saving devices at your own risk. To me, none of them is effective.
    A proper and regular maintenance is the best way to make your vehicle fuel efficient. Your driving habit and/or style may also help.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kung gusto ng iba maglagay ng ganyan basta ako hindi ako maglalagay niyan sa sasakyan namin.Mahirap na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you want a gas saving device, run waste vegetable oil with the proper filtration and heating equipment. Just get the used vegetable oil from restaurants and what not, follow the proper procedure for filtration, sedimentation and adding fuel catalyst of your choice (plus some RUG for added combustibility and some diesel for lubrication). What do you get?

(nearly) FREE FUEL!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I rather place my bets in motul engine oil. up to 50k before oil change, or even just 20k will save you more money...

but I don't want to bet right now, wait muna ako testimonial ni sir speedyfix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
gas saving device for diesel engines...