New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hi Jake,

Yes I'm already back, sorry I wasn't able to drop by your shop. Had too much stuff going on.

During calibration, I wonder, is it standard procedure to clean the prechambers too? I'm not familiar with direct injection engines so I only ask for the IDI type
    We don't normally touch the prechambers. This is not a problem area.

Replacement of the compression washers between the between the injector and prechamber is mandatory on 617s and 60xx engines.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Jake, I was going to ask about the washers. You read my mind

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Basically. All you need to do with gasoline injectors is to check that they're not plugged. But there's no need to calibrate them. You can have them balanced, though, for better response and power. But it's not necessary.
    Oops... posted wrong... finally remembered what they called it... blueprinting. This is where they ensure that each injector gives the exact same amount of fuel and has the exact same spray pattern. Great for tuning for power, but too expensive to make sense otherwise.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Please see my message below... thanks.....
    Last edited by mjim0721; August 13th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    My 13 year old Corolla 95 GLi is already running on low mileage 9km/L (is this really low or normal?). Is it advisable to have the injection system cleaned? How much would it cost me? Is there a recommended shop in Alabang? Thanks!

My odometer reading is already 120,000+ km.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My 13 year old Corolla 95 GLi is already running on low mileage 9km/L (is this really low or normal?. 9kms/L is not bad for city driving.

Is it advisable to have the injection system cleaned? How much would it cost me? Is there a recommended shop in Alabang? Dasher Goodyear Servitek is a great workshop located in Alabang. Replace your air filter, and have a thorough engine tune-up. They can recommend if injector service is necessary.

My odometer reading is already 120,000+ km.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thank you sir Dieseldude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Injector Question