New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Question po..

have anyone try the Fuel injector cleaner formula?

as per the label said that, pag nag pa gas ka..ibuhos yung isang bote ng injector cleaner sa gas tank then it will clean the injectors as your use the car..

effective ba?

may nakasubok ba?

Feedback please..

Thanks for reading

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    tried it once. nilagay kasi ng casa without telling me sa 1000 km service. Kita ko na lang sa bill pareho lang no change in engine performance.

question, may use ba talaga ito? I mean, caltex advertise that their fuel contains Techron a cleaning additive. I think Shell and Petron also contain some kind of cleaning agent. So wont simply burning gas clean your engine?
    Last edited by userfriendly; April 4th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Ako, I use Caltex Siver and from time-to-time ( one year, 2years) I use their power cleaner additive for gasoline engine.

I am hesistant to mix from different manufacturers, it may decrease the efficiency para dun sa gusto mo ma-attain, meron sila kanya-kanya diskarte for blending which is not as simple as mixing sugar with coffee. They do it within a well-controlled guidelines.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    we used to use one but too young to drive and notice.

today I'd rather invest on having it manually cleaned Imo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i have tried this solution also. there is no noticeable change in engine performance.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A good substitute for injector cleaners is changing fuel filters and flushing the tank and fuel lines once in a while.

I have seen a cummins injector cracking its cups because of blockage. Its also possible that a push rod or even a rocker arm bending or breaking in extreme cases.

Of course that is a cummins fuel system. Just always remember hydrolock (conrod bending) and that fluids are incompressable,

Also excessive water contamination in diesel especially common rail systems will cost you!
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 6th, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you might as well remove the injectors and have them clean using a injector cleaning machine.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir speedyfix magkano po papalit ng fuel filter sa inyo???

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depends on the car but it normally ranges from 1000-1500 depending on the car and the fuel filter used.

much cheaper for cars that use the plastic filters.

Fuel injector cleaner..