New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Bro, I expect that kind of gas mileage from our 2005 Accord 2.4 A/T. I'd be complaining of bad gas mileage already if I had a 1.6 doing 7km/L.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    guys, question. is 5 to 6 km/l reasonable for 100% pure city daily drive on a 9 year old Altis 1.6 A/T? moderate to heavy traffic mornings, light to moderate traffic afternoons (makati > ortigas, vice versa)
    Ang lakas for a sedan tapos toyota corolla lang

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    guys, question. is 5 to 6 km/l reasonable for 100% pure city daily drive on a 9 year old Altis 1.6 A/T? moderate to heavy traffic mornings, light to moderate traffic afternoons (makati > ortigas, vice versa)
    Quite high. Lowest I've gotten was 6 km/L and that was on a really really slow crawl, average speed of 3 kph.

On regular heavy traffic (10-12 kph), I get around 7-8 km/L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Bro, I expect that kind of gas mileage from our 2005 Accord 2.4 A/T. I'd be complaining of bad gas mileage already if I had a 1.6 doing 7km/L.

damn.. ganon ba? Where's all that fuel going LOL. kaka change oil ko lang e 10w-40 Helix Hx7. Lifetime airfilter, Simota. Nag palinis na rin ng MAF.

Where should I start? spark plugs?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Magpa-wheel alignment ka then change your tires to brandnew

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    damn.. ganon ba? Where's all that fuel going LOL. kaka change oil ko lang e 10w-40 Helix Hx7. Lifetime airfilter, Simota. Nag palinis na rin ng MAF.

Where should I start? spark plugs?
    Did you change the oil and fuel filters? When was your last ATF change? That may be a factor. As mentioned, wheel misalignment can also cause a spike in FC too, as does low tire pressure.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the car is in good condition, driving style will really make a good difference. Assess your driving habits from time to time (you can check for references here and on other sites on the internet).

Traffic is also quite bad already. Our M/T Altis hits around 8++ to 9 km/L in the city (morning and evening CBD traffic). If your car does nothing but city driving, maybe you also have carbon build-up as well (that can affect FC in the long run). Taking it out on a long drive after a tune-up or doing some hard, high rpm runs will help.... or you can spend for decarbonization.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Did you change the oil and fuel filters? When was your last ATF change? That may be a factor. As mentioned, wheel misalignment can also cause a spike in FC too, as does low tire pressure.

Thanks for your replies, all of you.
    only changed my engine oil and engine oil filter, not the fuel filter and ATF. from the looks of it eto ang assignments ko:

1. Wheel alignment and tire pressure.
    2. Driving habits
    3. ATF/Fuel filter?

During provincial/out of town holidays I have no problem reaching 13-14 km/l. Hope I can improve my City FC. Will update after checking.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for your replies, all of you.
    only changed my engine oil and engine oil filter, not the fuel filter and ATF. from the looks of it eto ang assignments ko:

1. Wheel alignment and tire pressure.
    2. Driving habits
    3. ATF/Fuel filter?

During provincial/out of town holidays I have no problem reaching 13-14 km/l. Hope I can improve my City FC. Will update after checking.
    It could also be your route. Ortigas to Makati, right? I get 6.5 km/L with my Altis (1.6 also but MT) on that route.

Of course, maintenance is a big factor as well. When I got my Mazda 3 (older than your Altis), it had a dismal 4.5 km/L. After changing its oil, ATF, spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter, I'm now up to an average of 5.5 km/L. Still bad, but considerably better than before.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It could also be your route. Ortigas to Makati, right? I get 6.5 km/L with my Altis (1.6 also but MT) on that route.

Of course, maintenance is a big factor as well. When I got my Mazda 3 (older than your Altis), it had a dismal 4.5 km/L. After changing its oil, ATF, spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter, I'm now up to an average of 5.5 km/L. Still bad, but considerably better than before.

yup, this is what I keep telling myself rin sir. When I switched jobs (used to live/work in Makati) dun lang nagbago. I was checking my fuelio logs and I was consistently hitting 7, 8 or even 9 km/l back then. Now swerte nako sa 6 km/l. Wala pakong 1 year sa new route ko. Baka rin mas aggressive ako mag drive pag traffic. Anyways, before anything sundin ko muna ung steps and report back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Fuel Consumption : How to improve or retain efficiency